Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, April 19, 2019

Nordstrom Spring Sale Favorites


Hey there!  I hope you're having a fabulous Good Friday!  This is the first year as an adult that I've actually gotten this day off of work.  I'm finishing up my internship for my Master's degree and that comes with all the perks of being on a school schedule!  So today I'm off with my kiddos and husband and am excited to bring to you some of my favorite finds from the springtime Nordstrom sale.  This sale lasts until the 22nd, so if you see something you like, jump on it fast!  



First, this Iridescent Sequin Accent Pillow:

                                                LEVTEX Iridescent Sequin Accent Pillow, Main, color, IVORY


When I was substitute teaching for an elementary teacher in the fall, I noticed that she had a couple of these sequin pillows in her classroom.  The students told me that these were for them to hug or play with when they needed a few seconds to calm down if their feelings were hurt or if they were frustrated about a certain concept.  I thought this was a fantastic idea!  I have debated getting a few of these to put on my kids' beds so that they have something tangible to work out their feelings with.



Next is a lattice knit accent pillow:

                                                       NAUTICA Clearview Lattice Knit Accent Pillow, Main, color, IVORY

I love all home decor things that look like a chunky knit sweater and this pillow is no exception!  The neutral color would complement any decor, and it just gives off that cozy vibe that I feel makes a house a home.


Now, I'm no gardener and don't even pretend to have a green thumb, but there are always certain pretty things that inspire me to try again!  This watering can is one of those.  Don't we all just feel like using a pretty item will make us better at something?!? No? Just me then.

                                                           ANTHROPOLOGIE Jorgina Watering Can, Main, color, MULTI

The peplum shirt trend has been around for a few years now and doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon, so if you've been on the fence about trying out a clothing item in this trend, there's no better time than now.  This peplum tee by Caslon is subtle enough to not look maternity, but is defined enough to signify that it's peplum.


                                                         CASLON<SUP>®</SUP> Peplum Tee, Main, color, BLACK

This shirt comes in three colorways: black, white, and a black/white stripe.  I recommend the black or the white as those two colors look slimmer on the torso.  The stripe, to me, looks a bit wide.  I have a very long torso and wide cuts don't appear flattering on me, so this is just my take on the color options available with this tee.


I saw an Insta-story from one of my favorite accounts to follow (@calliedauler) and she talked about these Sam Edelman pumps. They fade from sparkle to black and are so cute!  She said that she could wear them around work and her feet didn't hurt, which to me is a gold-star review!  These pumps are so unique in their ombre color-scheme and they could easily be worn to work or a date night!  They're pricey for my budget, but if you were going to get them then 30% off is actually a really great deal!




                                               SAM EDELMAN Hazel Pointy Toe Pump, Main, color, BLACK/ SILVER

For the tech-savvy finds, this phone charger is so neat because it can accommodate Android and Apple products!  This is a gem in our house since Michael uses an older iPhone for his CGM, and Aaron and I both have Android devices.  It would be nice to have one charger be able to fit a variety of brands!  It's under $20 too, which is a major plus!

                                                          TECH CANDY Triple Header 6-Foot Micro USB Cable, Main, color, SHADES OF GREY




For displaying dyed Easter eggs, this bunny-theme egg holder is so cute!  It's the perfect size to display just a few of the colorful eggs without overwhelming the table-scape.



                                                   ACCENT DECOR Patch Egg Holder, Main, color, WHITE

I LOVE a good themed dish towel!  This one comes in a pack of two and the little pom-pom trim is on trend and so fun!

                                              LEVTEX Eggs in Basket Set of 2 Dishtowels, Main, color, IVORY



I'm always thinking of gifts that we could give to teachers or nurses at the end of the school year or even for Christmas!  This three-pack of journals is a great deal because you can split them up and add a journal to three separate gifts.

                                                     ANTHROPOLOGIE Pippa Set of 3 Journals, Main, color, MULTI


These are just some of the hundreds of sale items in Nordstrom's springtime sale.  Take a look around and see if you find some good deals for yourself and your family this weekend!



Tomorrow, we're heading to the birthday party of a family friend (complete with Easter egg hunt), then we will have a family dinner at my in-laws (with another Easter egg hunt).  On Sunday, we'll wake up early, I'll go to the Sonrise service at church and Aaron & the kids will come a little later for a churchwide breakfast.  Aaron & I plan to bake a ham that afternoon and have my parents over, and we'll probably do one more Easter egg hunt around the backyard for our own kids.  We're remembering the true meaning of this weekend and the holiday-- that Jesus died in place of our sins, then rose again on Easter Sunday showing that He has defeated death and has made a way for us to experience salvation.



Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba


Linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for Friday Favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment