Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Another Day, Another online shopping cart tour

Here's another mindless online shopping cart tour featuring a few different stores than the ones shown on Monday's post.


Nordstrom:

Nordstrom is one of my favorite stores to buy things from online since shipping is always free and so are returns!

Kennebunk Bliss Plush Throw:

This is my favorite store-bought blanket of all time!  I bought my first one during the Anniversary Sale in 2018.  I bought four at that time (one for me to try out immediately, and three more to give as Christmas gifts to my kiddos).  The plan worked tremendously.  All three kids LOVED my blanket from August through December, then were thrilled to get their very own blankets on Christmas Day!  Their blankets are on their beds with the understanding that they can get them at any time to cuddle with in the living room, etc., but my blanket stays in the living room and is the one that everyone grabs first in the early morning!  This past August, I grabbed 5 more blankets when they were on sale so that I could have a different and very nice Christmas gift to give to my sons' teachers, teacher aide, and school nurses.  Everyone loved them!  I'm toying with getting another blanket since they come out with new colors now and then.  The other day, they were 25% off and the sale price really is great!  Today, they don't seem to be on sale, so I think I'll hold off for a bit. I really love the Teal Foam and Navy Blue shades that they have out right now.


Kopari Coconut Gardenia Deodorant:

A while ago, I switched from using regular deodorant to trying to find just natural deodorants that didn't have aluminum in them.  It's of course easier if I can find these things in store, so I've gravitated towards Schmidt's Rose + Vanilla scent (I've also tried their Charcoal and Magnesium scent).  However, I've wanted to try the Kopari brand since reading so many good reviews about it.  Nordstrom has a wide selection including a trial set of three different scents.


Kendra Scott Elisa pendant necklace:

I bought a JDRF version of this necklace a couple years ago.  (It's very similar to the September sapphire shown here).  This necklace is dainty enough to complement outfits without overpowering them.  It's fun that Kendra Scott has come out with the birthstone set, and also has another set with a variety of different stones and finishes.



Anthropologie:

I will admit that I have never bought anything from Anthropologie for full price.  I always always always wait til things go on sale before I seriously consider getting anything.  The sale items that I have gotten over the years have held up well and been worth their sale price for sure.


 Spatula

This cute little spatula could add a pop of color to the kitchen which is always fun!

 Monogram Hook

These would be so cute hung upon Avery's room!


Printed Journals:

These little journals would make such a cute addition to an end-of-the-year teacher gift!  A notebook that someone could stick in her purse and have ready access to paper if needed is very practical and these are pretty without being overly trendy.  They also come in a slightly different color pattern and shape, but in a three pack, here .


Juice Glasses:

These are sweet little glasses for juice.  They remind me of patterned glassware that used to be at our family beach cottage.

 Gallery Dish Towel

This is such a cute museum-esque hand towel!

Mint Serving Bowl

I'm loving the shade of mint these days. This serving bowl is simple & classic enough to carry through for years without losing its effect by being overly trendy.


Printed Oven Mitt

I think a colorful happy kitchen is the best kind!  Sometimes this can be created from regular items that come in pretty colors and patterns like this oven mitt!


Homebody Mug:

I LOVE fun mugs!  This one is so perfect right now.



There's so many more things on their sale pages (which is where all of these Anthropologie items can be found), but I think I'll stop here for now.


Amazon:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE shopping on Amazon and have tons of things in my "Save for Later" section of my cart.  If something sells out, oh well, I just find something else to look at and ponder over. :)


Fun Doormat:

I don't really put doormats out since we don't have gutters and the rain water totally destroys these type of doormats, but I love looking at them online anyway.  Here's a sweet springtime mat.  I thought this one about the kids, wife, and husband was funny.


Retro Cassette Pencil Holder:

I'm always looking for fun desk items for my school desk.  Students tend to remember I'm actually human when they see fun or pretty items on my desk.  This cassette pencil holder is multi-functional but also funny since most of my students will have no idea what a cassette even is!


Kinectic Sand:

Noah got some kinetic sand for his birthday and although I was majorly dreading having my kids play with it inside, it's actually quite easy to keep contained and easy to clean up.  I'm contemplating getting them each a bag of colored kinetic sand for Easter.


Flush Mount Light

I've taken on a personal mission of replacing light fixtures in my house to ones that I like more than the ones that either were originally here or ones that matched the previous owner's taste.  My next project is either my foyer light or my laundry room light.  This flush mount light has the vibe that I'm looking for to make my laundry room more my style.


Jelly Bangle Bracelets

There's a much more expensive version of these bracelets out there, but under $10 is my preferred price point.  Since these are plastic, they can easily go in water (pool/ocean) and also means that they won't jingle jangle incessantly (which is a pet peeve of mine when I teach).  They come in a variety of colors, but I prefer the look of the light rose gold the best.


Cross Body Purse

Although Avery is old enough to freely walk and run on her own in familiar places, she's certainly not well versed enough to understand parking lots even while holding hands, so I carry her to and from every store.  That means that a trip to the store by myself with my kiddos (pre-social distancing of course) is quite difficult when I have to think about carrying a purse, a toddler (with a baby doll), and a bag of diabetes supplies.  We use a sling backpack for our diabetes supplies, but I'm still weighed down with a purse and a nearly 30 pound child, so I've been on the lookout for a cross-body bag.  This one is cute with the added tassels and comes in lots of color choices, although I prefer the beige option.


Well, I think that's enough mindless online shopping cart touring for today.  I'll post more this week with updates on each kid and how we've managed our time at home. :)

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment