Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, March 23, 2020

Mindless Shopping Post

In the midst of all the weird times around us, I find some solace in mindless shopping.  I don't buy these things, I just make constant shopping cart additions and wish lists, then wait til the items sell out and start all over. :)  It's not the buying that makes me happy (it actually makes it worse, which is why I don't buy), it's the actual shopping and imagining part that brings me a bit of happiness, so that's what I'm choosing to focus on.

Zulily:

Year-long subscription to HGTV and Food Network magazines. 

This is a really fantastic deal because you get both magazines for a whole year for $20.  Usually, each magazine is about $5 each if you get it at the newsstand or in the grocery store check-out line.  I did buy this subscription last year from Zulily and it was so much fun to get these magazines throughout the year!  I'm not sure I'll get the subscription again since I saved all of the magazines from last year and therefore have enough decoration projects and recipes to keep me busy for quite some time. :)


Year-long subscription to Good Housekeeping and Better Homes and Gardens magazines. 

Obviously, I have a thing for putting magazine subscriptions into my online shopping carts.  This set is a really good deal too, though, because you get a year's subscription to both of these magazines for just $9.  I've had this subscription a few years ago and it was fun to see different fashion options and fitness routines and various home cleaning methods-- you know, things women are interested in learning about.


Sign-Language Necklace

This necklace is delicate and sweet and showcases the American Sign Language symbol for "I love you."  This particular phrase is super important to me since we used it in my family a lot while growing up because my little brother is hearing-impaired.  My kiddos know the phrase and hand signal now which is extra sweet.


Elsa Nightgown (toddler)

For a little girl who just discovered Frozen (as of a few months ago) and Frozen 2 (as of last week), this little nightgown would provide some good dress-up time as well as hopefully an easier bedtime routine ("Time to put on the Elsa dress!"). 


Window Markers

I thought this looked equally interesting and terrifying.  Maybe it's something fun to keep kiddos occupied while we have to stay inside for much of the day.  On the other hand, are we potentially teaching our kiddos that drawing on windows is okay?  I, for one, know of a little girl who wouldn't fully understand that only certain markers could be used for this activity....



Old Navy:

Right now, Old Navy is having a 50% off sale, so I browsed around and found some things that might be helpful this summer.


Faux-Leather Pool-Side Sandals

Both of my boys have asked for sandals that they can easily slide on their feet so we can go outside quickly without having to pause to put on actual shoes.  I saw these and thought that they would be perfect for quickly getting on, and they'd also do well around the pool this summer!


Perforated Pop-color sneakers for girls

I've admired the more expensive "Native" brand of these type of shoes but can never justify spending so much on a pair of shoes for feet that will rapidly grow.  When Old Navy came out with their own version (in my absolute FAVORITE shade of pink!) I quickly added these to my cart for Avery.


Pop-Color Flip Flops for women

At $2.51, these might be making their way to me as a simple beach/pool flip flop.  Again, I chose the blush color but am also smitten with the turquoise and the coral.


LOFT:

LOFT is one of my favorite stores to find sale items for work-appropriate wear.  I usually buy things when they're on sale and when LOFT is offering an extra percentage off on sale items.  This also means that I'm buying things out of season.  So I'll buy winter items in the summer and summer items in the winter, etc.  Sometimes this is a bummer because I don't get to wear the items immediately when they arrive, but it's worth it when the appropriate season rolls around and I've got new clothes that I paid less than $10 for. :)

Knit Jogger Skirt:

This skirt, based on the pictures and reviews, seems like it would be the perfect easy-to-wear spring and summer skirt!


Petite Flecked Peplum Vintage Top

Peplum is an interesting trend.  It can either look flattering or it can make someone look pregnant who's not. I'm careful with the types of peplum I wear, which means I don't wear it a lot.  This shirt from LOFT looks like it might have possibilities.  And the shirt fabric looks like funfetti cake batter so that's extra fun!


Heart Necklace 

This necklace is so sweet and dainty and could work with outfits all year long!


Hopefully this offers a little fun distraction to what's happening around us.  I'll try to do another post from other stores this week like Nordstrom, Anthropologie, and Amazon.

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment