Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Little Fix Ups Around the House

We are kind of stuck in a position where we know we want to buy land and build a home one day, but we also know we're not really close to being able to do that. On the other hand, we have real things we'd like to fix up around our home but we don't want to over-invest in it and have it be the most expensive home in the neighborhood. So we're struggling with what to actually fix up to make our home more our style, and what to leave alone since it wouldn't add value to the home if we changed it.


Light fixtures are pretty easy to change out and give the room a quick makeover without sinking too much into it. I search Amazon for light fixtures since they're usually cheaper than buying them from big chain stores. It's nice having a handyman husband!  I certainly would feel inept if I had to install light fixtures on my own.

Here's some recent lights we changed: hallway, hall bathroom, master bathroom. Laundry room and foyer are on my list.


The hallway:



The hall bath:



Master bathroom:



All of these lights came from Amazon and all were under $80.  The hallway light was $14!  I'll keep you posted on new fixtures.

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment