Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, August 20, 2021

Avery: 4 Years!

Dear Avery,

Today you are four years old! I remember my own fourth birthday, so it's odd for me to think of you as potentially forming memories of your life that you'll look back on when you're 33! I am so proud of who you're becoming. You are precious & sweet and you are very sure of what you want. I love listening to you play & sing & pretend to read. 

You were surprised this morning that it was your birthday, although you were sad that your brothers still had to go to school & couldn't spend the day with you. I did manage to get a "Happy Birthday" picture of the 3 of you and I treasure it. 

For your birthday dinner, you chose spaghetti (your favorite) and you happily said "I want cake so I'm eating all my dinner!" After dinner, five grandparents and two great grandparents came over for the birthday celebration! You blew out your candle right when we began to sing so I lit it again during the song so you'd have something to blow out at the end. Your cake was unicorn themed and you had unicorn plates to match. 



With each present opened, you let out a squeal of delight. It was such a joy to be in your presence and to be a part of your moment. 


I love you to pieces, my sweet girl. 

I am so happy you're four.

Love, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment