Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Popa

 Today, my grandfather went to be with Jesus.  


We weren't expecting this to happen today or this week or even this year. 


In May, my grandparents moved to our area from central Florida.  My mom and dad live in the neighborhood across the street from their house, and I live a couple miles up the road.  Having my grandparents nearby was such a blessing these past few months as they've been able to eat dinner with us a few times and have attended our church and watched their great-grandchildren play.  


My Popa was always eager to do projects together when I was growing up.  I helped him change out a phone and a light fixture in the beach cottage when I was a teen.  I also worked on various projects with him in his garage in my late teens and early twenties.  I so enjoyed spending time with him & my Nana during the summers.  I remember that he let me drive his friend's (very slow) golf cart all the way through his retirement community to the swimming pool one summer afternoon.  We then played shuffleboard together, and when some "pro Shuffleboarders" were rude to us, he made a point to gently set them straight so that we could return to our game without further ridicule.  He was a great listener, and a good storyteller. I LOVED listening to him tell me about growing up in upstate New York.  How I wish I had heard more of his stories. 


Popa, I miss you.  I would've certainly been over for more visits had I paid more attention to time.  Now I know for sure that I must always be intentional with my moments.  I love you and I know where you are, which is the greatest comfort during this time.  I will see you again and I am so very excited to see you whole and healed. I will look after Nana.  I promise.  I love you.











Until Next Time, Popa

Love, Reba

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss, Reba. My prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete