Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Saturday, October 30, 2021

Homemade Reese's Bars

I've made these homemade Reese's bars a few times in the past, and they're so easy! They can be enjoyed with a fork or fingers depending on each individual's messy preference level. I whipped these bars up for a quick dessert a couple weeks ago when my Nana came over for dinner.




(Original recipe found here).

Ingredients:

1/2 c (1 stick) salted butter, melted 

1 cup Graham crackers crumbs (I added in Graham crackers and some Ritz to a gallon bag & had a kiddo help me crush them)



2 c Confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)

1 c plus 2 extra tablespoons of creamy peanut butter 

1 c chocolate chips (we use semi-sweet and I just eyeball the measurement)




Process:

Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper (easy clean up and no bars stick to the pan when serving!)

In a large bowl, mix melted butter, Confectioners sugar, crackers crumbs, and 1 c peanut butter. Spread into pan.

Melt the chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons peanut butter in the microwave (30 second intervals) until fully melted & stirrable (I think I made up this word).  





Pour chocolate mixture over bars. 






Refrigerate at least an hour, but two is better. Cut into appropriate bar sizes (that's up to each household!) and serve! 





These will keep in the fridge for a few days but I don't think you'll have to really worry about that!

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba

1 comment:

  1. Haha. You will never know how long they will stay fresh with your crowd!

    ReplyDelete