Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, October 4, 2021

Twelve

 Aaron and I celebrated twelve years of marriage!  Although we didn't celebrate exactly on our anniversary, we took advantage of a weekend day and made arrangements to spend the afternoon and evening doing something for just us.  After I did my cheer coaching duties for Upward sports, we dropped the kiddos off with my parents and we made the one hour trip to Auburn. 

We started at an Auburn staple for lunch-- Momma Goldberg's!  We didn't go to the original location, but instead decided to try one of their newer Auburn venues closer to the interstate.  After this, we checked out the mall, then Tiger Town, then went to downtown Auburn and got a lemonade at Toomer's Corner before wandering campus and eventually making our way to a high-end outdoors store where Aaron found some shoes he'd been on the hunt for, and afterwards we wandered back to the downtown area and then headed to dinner!  We tried out a new to us restaurant called Bow & Arrow and it was so good!  We'll definitely be back!  We liked it so much that when we told Aaron's brother about it, he made arrangements to stop there on his way through Auburn the next day!

It was SO nice just to wander at our leisure, go into stores we were interested in, taking our time where we wanted to, etc.  We spoke about our dreams for the future and who we've become, and it was nice to just be with my best friend and just "be." 

My parents offered to keep our kiddos overnight, which was a nice treat.  Aaron and I chose to turn on our current favorite show, Royal Pains, and start our newest puzzle. It really was a great ending to the day spent together.  At church the following day, the congregation sang to us and we enjoyed a relaxing evening at home with our kids in our cozy home. 


Here's to the rest of our lifetimes together!


Until Next Time, 

Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment