Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Pumpkin Carving Recap

I'm realizing today that I never shared the photos from our pumpkin carving! In mid-October after going to the pumpkin patch (twice) we invited my mom over to carve pumpkins with us. I made a spooky dinner (pasta and meatballs to look like eyeballs), then we headed to the backyard to carve. 

Michael wasn't so sure about the pumpkin insides, Noah dove right in, and Avery had a fit for 40 minutes and suddenly was fine and wanted to carve (which meant we had to refill her pumpkin with the seeds so she could remove them herself).  All three kids work on their own designs. They draw the outline with a Sharpie, then use the pumpkin carving kit to saw the pieces out. A few nights later, my mom gave me some tealights and I took the kids outside at dark to see their creations lit up. All three kids chose "spooky" faces.  






We had a great time doing this, and the pumpkins lasted for about 2 weeks- the perfect amount of time before November arrived. 

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba







No comments:

Post a Comment