Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

What's Up Wednesday (11.24.21)

 Today I'm linking up with Shay and Sheaffer for the November edition of What's Up Wednesday!


Here's a snapshot of our month so far!

WHAT WE’RE EATING THIS WEEK:

On Monday night we ate at my parents' house to celebrate my nephew's 9th birthday!  We had ham and onion-potatoes and asparagus and of course cupcakes and ice cream!  My Nana got to come over as well, and it was a fun time!





WHAT I’M REMINISCING ABOUT:

Oh periodically, I get stuck in a rabbit hole and get lost in memories of when my kids were little (and they're not even that old!).  I struggle a lot with the second half of 2014 and most of 2015 because I was on autopilot trying to survive and keep my son alive.  I reminisce a lot over pictures and blog posts I wrote during that time because it helps me remember that I did live and so did he, and that we did make memories even if they're hard to remember.  

I'm also working on decluttering (and by "working on," I mean thinking about when I'll start decluttering). I hesitate to throw out any craft my children make because I'm afraid I'll be tossing the memories too, and this is something I'm working to overcome. 






WHAT I’M LOVING:

I'm loving this week off of school! It was exactly what I needed for a heart reset before I finish out these last couple weeks of school before Christmas!

WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO:

My mom and dad are keeping my nephews this week until their parents arrive for Thanksgiving festivities, so we've been having lots of cousin playtime!  

WHAT I’M DREADING:

This week I'm not dreading anything.  I'm trying to really enjoy my time and relax.  Most of my Christmas shopping is finished and I'm working on savoring the moments and making memories. 

WHAT I’M WORKING ON:

I'm working on a personal reading challenge I set for myself for this week off of school and I'm halfway there!  Another thing I'm working on is the willpower to exercise!

WHAT I’M EXCITED ABOUT:

This season of the year!  Watching the magic of Christmas through the eyes of children is such a fantastic experience and I'm excited for this season to be upon us once again. 

WHAT I’M WATCHING/READING:

Aaron bought the first season of Wallykazam on Amazon Prime for Avery, so the kids are fully enjoying that show.  They've also watched the new Home Alone on Disney Plus several times.





I'm trying to watch several of my Candace Cameron Bure Christmas movies this week.  So far, this month I've made it through three. 

I set a challenge for myself to read four books this week while I'm off.  I've made it through two and I'm working on book three right now. 





WHAT I’M LISTENING TO:

We LOVE Christmas music!  I have an app on my phone where I can make playlists, and I have one labeled "Christmas" and that's what we choose from when we're in the car.  Each kid has their favorite song & artist and we rotate who gets to pick songs when we drive.  Sometimes we'll even play the songs through a Bluetooth speaker at home in the kitchen.  This music makes us feel so joyful!  A few new favorites this year include Love & the Outcome's "Christmas Lights," Cochren & Co.'s "Christmas with You" and For King & Country's "Little Drummer Boy."  Our favorites year after year include Pentatonix "Little Drummer Boy" and "Mary Did You Know" and Brenda Lee's "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" and all three versions of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" (By Thurl Ravenscroft, Tyler the Creator, and Jim Carrey).  

I plan to write a post soon about the Christmas songs that can bring me to tears based on their messages! 

WHAT I’M WEARING:

This week has been all about the clothes that I cannot wear at school.  Today I'm wearing my "You're Killing Me Smalls" shirt. 



WHAT I’M DOING THIS WEEKEND:

Hopefully nothing!  I like to have a calm weekend before heading back to school after a break, so I'm hoping this weekend is calm!  We will decorate our church for Christmas on Sunday, but other than that I want a blank schedule. 

WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:

All of the Christmas festivities!

WHAT ELSE IS NEW:

Not too much.  I have something on the horizon beginning in the next six months, but I'm trying not to overwhelm myself by talking much about it yet.  We're also busying ourselves with getting our house ready for a potential sale if we find land that we'd like to build on, so I have a few tasks that I'll need to do over the next month or so. 


That was fun!  

Until Next Time, 
Much Love, Reba


2 comments:

  1. I feel your struggle with throwing away the kids crafts. I have gotten better the older they get and less stuff they come home with. My oldest things I should save everything though. I keep some in a memory box, and others I will take a picture of and save the picture.
    I love your reading challenge you gave yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to work on some decluttering too. My house is driving me a little nuts. And I also need to work on finding the will power to exercise. Argh -- WHY is it so hard?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete