Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

November Books

Happy December 1st! 


I met my reading challenge I set for myself in November and I read 5 books in a week! Four of these were books I checked out from the library. The fifth book was a free Kindle read.  All of them were really good & could be read again!


Here are the four books from the library: The Invisible Husband of Frick Island, Dancing Through Life, Dear Santa (Debbie Macomber) and Dear Santa (Nancy Naigle).


The Invisible Husband of Frick Island was so surprisingly good! I had read the synopsis on zulily & thought it looked interesting, but hadn't tried it out until now. I would definitely read this one again! It's the story of a young widow who pretends she can still see her husband, and the townspeople go along with it.  The characters are memorable & I fell in love with their town! 


I've been very interested in reading books by Candace Cameron Bure (probably because I watch her Christmas movies this time of year). This book focused on her time on the show Dancing with the Stars which I didn't watch but enjoyed learning more about. 


I also read two holiday themed books, both of which were titled Dear Santa. 

This version by Nancy Naigle was set in North Carolina, but I could easily imagine the story taking place in the beach town I grew up visiting on summer vacations. It was a cute story about a shop owner who had to close her store one December. It's lighthearted & an easy read. 


The other version of Dear Santa was written by Debbie Macomber who always writes such sweet Christmas stories. This one's about a woman who returns home for the holidays & finds her roots & a new love, etc. It's fun & heart warming. 


The last book I read (more like skimmed intently) was a free Kindle download called Staying Stylish by Candace Cameron Bure. If focuses on finding a personal fashion style (clothing, shoes, accessories, makeup, skincare) & how to take care of yourself (exercise, nutrition, devotionals & prayer). It was easy to skim through & pick up relevant tips. 

I'm pumped that I met my reading goal for my Thanksgiving break & I'm refreshed and ready to finish out these last couple weeks of school before Christmas break. 

Until Next Time,

Much Love, Reba




No comments:

Post a Comment