Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, December 31, 2021

End of Year Books

I read two very cute books from the library over Christmas break. One was so good that I ended up buying it, and while it was en route I read the other book which is equally as cute and I might end up buying it as well!

The first book is The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. It's about two executive assistants to CEOs who are both vying for the same job. They abhor each other at work since they know they're after the same things. However, (spoiler alert!), they don't really hate each other after all. It was so well written (a little R-rated, so beware) and I was astounded to discover it's the author's first novel!  The book has been made into a movie (December 2021 release; movie release in February 2022) and the reviews from movie watchers say it stays highly true to the book, which raises the bar for other made-for-movie-books. And yes, I've pre-ordered the DVD already. 




The second book is Just Haven't Met You Yet by Sophie Cousens (and yes, I sang that line by Michael Buble every time I saw the title). This book is suuuuper cute and I found myself cheering for the unexpected guy throughout the story.  It's set in Jersey of the Channel Islands and the descriptions the author provides of the locale just make me want to visit! This book is about a journalist who travels to Jersey to take "Then & Now" photographs of locations her parents (with the perfect love story) took pictures together the summer they met. The author accidentally picks up the wrong suitcase when she lands and spends most of her trip trying to find the correct owner based on the items in the suitcase, which she deems belong to her perfect soul mate. It was such a nice find to see that the expected storylines aren't always the ones your heart wants. The characters in this story are so vivid and I wouldn't hesitate in purchasing this book either. 


After two good chick-lit reads, I'm geared back up for the Spring Semester in front of me, which will be filled with cell projects, frog dissections, and plant parts.  Then in the summer I will be embarking on an educational journey for myself & I'm guessing I won't have much leisure reading time for a few years once that begins, so I try to squeeze in as many "happy place" books as I can right now. :)

Until Next Time and 2022!
Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment