Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, May 26, 2023

Home Sweet Home: Master Shower

In our previous house, we renovated our master bathroom & turned a garden tub space into a walk in shower with a gigantic window & I LOVED it! In this house, we knew we wanted a similar bathroom feel. This time, instead, we decided to have the shower be a bit larger and have a half wall instead of two full walls. 

In keeping with my inability to really realize the true measurement of something, I designed the bath to have a picture window and didn't understand exactly how big it would be. 

When the windows were installed, I finally realized how large the space would be. The farthest window on the left is the master bath window!



We knew we'd be frosting the window ourselves, and I think it took two cans of frosted glass spraypaint (found at Walmart) to cover the whole thing.  


Aaron wanted to do the shower structure himself to save on labor and to have the experience. So he did lots of research & used the Schluter- Kerdie shower kit. (That's all the orange stuff shown in the pictures.)

It took us a while to settle on a tile but we knew we wanted something bigger than subway tile this time around. We kept our shower floor the same as what we chose before in the other house though-- a tarmac textured hexagon tile. We eventually chose this slick gray tile in a mottled gray finish for the walls of the shower.  







Just a few weeks ago, Aaron designed & cut a sturdy piece of plexi-glass to go about halfway across the half-wall to keep shower spray from getting onto the floor on the other side of the half-wall. 


I love how it turned out! It's so nice having natural light in the bathroom. It was a labor of love but totally worth it!

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment