Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Home Sweet Home: Outdoor Space

We finished our home officially in early April, and I'll chronicle the space throughout the blog this summer. We'll begin with the view from outside and the yard.

I've always loved the combination of navy & crisp white, so we went bold and painted the house Sherwin Williams Salty Dog with ultra white trim. I love it! It's the perfect backdrop for Auburn decor & patriotic decor! We also chose to do cedar columns on the front & back porches. 





We designed the house with two big porches. The first several pictures here are of the front of the house, and the last picture directly above is of the back porch. The front porch goes to the garage, so it's not a full length of the house but the back one is across the whole length of the house. I wanted the front door & back door to be exactly across the house from each other, and I chose identical double doors for these spaces. The clear pane windows allow for lots of natural light & large viewing areas. We included two skinny windows to flank the front door & one skinny window with one picture window to frame the back door. Each kiddo has two skinny windows with capability to open and get a good breeze & fresh air. The master window is a large picture window and our master bathroom window is a frosted picture window. I'll include pictures below of the building process so you can see some of the windows. 







We've come a long way! 

Our views are incredible & truly the vision we had in mind when imagining property that we might own one day. God surely showed His plan & we are overwhelmed in gratitude. 

This is the view from the front porch. 


(our little well house before we made a door for it and planted grass seed.)






This is some of the view from the back. 







We haven't explored every piece of the property yet and are grateful to do so over time. 

I'll include room by room updates as we venture through the summer!

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment