Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, April 13, 2012

20 Weeks

We are 20 Weeks Along!  That means we are halfway through!!!


(Photo credit: blogspot.com)


This has been a very exciting week for us.  We have REALLY begun to feel Little Baby P. kick!   On Monday while I was sitting in my Mom's kitchen and leaning forward towards the kitchen counter, I felt these little bump-bumps.  I realized it was Little Baby P. kicking! :)  I was very excited and tried to let my Mom feel, but Little Baby P. decided he exerted himself enough for the time being. :) 


That evening, Aaron read a bedtime story to our little boy and he LOVED it! He kicked the whole time.  After the story was over, I stayed very still and brought Aaron's hand to where Little Baby P. was kicking.  He kicked a good hard kick and Aaron felt it!  It was really cool to see the huge smile spread across his face as he felt our son kick. :)

Everyday since, Little Baby P. has kicked consistently and with more power everyday.  I'm trying to distinguish the kicks from the punches.  Sometimes I think a lighter kick might actually be a punch.  Whatever the case may be, Little Baby P. is eagerly exploring his warm little home.

Sometimes, he presses his little body against the sides of the uterus, and I can hold my hand just below my bellybutton and feel him resting there. :)

This Week:
-Little Baby P. actually has a sleep cycle similar to that of a newborn!  Based on his kicking habits, I think he is a night owl moreso than an early bird.  Even he thinks that 4:45 is too early to wake up everyday! 
-He might have a favorite sleeping position already.
-Little Baby P. is going to devote more energy to gaining weight from here on out.  I keep reminding him everyday that all he has to do is grow and play.  So far, he's a first time obeyer. :)
-This week, Little Baby P. weighs about 10 and a half ounces, and is roughly 6 and a half inches long.  That's about the size of a can of Red Bull:


(Photo credit: infobarrel.com)


My Cravings:
-Purple or red grapes (preferably chilled).  This is the ideal morning snack.
-Apples (preferably red or gala).
-Root Beer (the uncaffeinated kind, sorry Barq's.  Choice brands are Mug and IBC.


Thank-you for keeping us in your prayers!  We are excited for the things to come!  Love, Reba





No comments:

Post a Comment