Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, April 20, 2012

21 Weeks

We are at 21 weeks and that means we're over halfway!!! Woo-hoo! We're over the hump and it's all down hill from here!

We do have some exciting news.... We have officially picked out a name for Little Baby P.  His name will be Michael William Petersen.   He will be named after Aaron's dad (Michael) and my dad (William).  We think this is a good strong name and we are beginning to use it frequently when we talk to Little Baby P. 

Side note:  Though we've picked out a name, Michael will remain Little Baby P. to me, and I will most likely continue to use these names interchangeably on the blog. :)

Little Baby P. and I get to go on a vacation next week and we are very excited!  (I'm sure he's excited even if he doesn't know it) :)  We will be venturing up to Maryland to visit my Grandma Gallahair.   Aaron won't be able to join us because he will be using his vacation time in July to be the best man in his best friend's wedding.   Little Baby P. and I are disappointed that we can't join him, but we will both be a little too big to safely travel on a plane at that time.

Little Baby P.'s "big brother" Akuna has been Mr. Clingy lately.  Although he has a doggie bed at the foot of our bed, he chooses to sleep on the floor right next to my side of the bed.  If I wake up in the middle of the night, I have to check for his white fur before I step out of bed.

Little Baby P. is certainly growing and I have the growing belly to prove it! :)  Instead of random people venturing to ask if I'm pregnant, they now assume that I am and ask instead what my due date is. 

Little Baby P. is developing his own quirks.  Around the 7:30pm time frame, he takes a little nap where he scrunches his body against the right or left side of the womb.  Last night, I thought his foot was about to poke through my side.  :)

We have found that he LOVES to be read to and sung to!  He loves all books, and kicks during our reading time.  I sing to him whenever I'm in the car, and I sing/hum to him while I'm at my desk.  The song choices come from "Kids Sing Praise," which I listened to as a little kiddle.  His favorite song so far is "Jesus Loves the Little Children."  I get the biggest kick response out of that one. :)

This Week:
-Little Baby P.'s facial features are set and hair is growing on his head!
-He can suck his thumb (which we saw him doing on the ultrasound screen) and yawn.
-His heartbeat gets stronger everyday, and now it can be heard with a stethoscope! :)  I'm hoping to test this out at Mom's house since her nursing profession means she has a stethoscope handy.
-Little Baby P.'s fetal bone marrow starts making blood cells-- This was previously done by the liver and the spleen.
-Little Baby P. continues to "snack" on the amniotic fluid.  The intestines are able to absorb small amounts of sugar from it.
-Little Baby P. weighs over 11 ounces and is about 7 inches long, which is the size of a bottle of root beer:


(Photo credit: drpeppersnapplegroup.com)


I sure LOVE root beer!

My Craves:
- Still really like to snack on grapes.  They make a great morning snack at work.
-Any kind of grilled meat.  I am sure blessed that I married such a grill master!  Aaron can work wonders with seasonings. :)
-Root beer in a glass bottle. (Somehow it just tastes so much better out of the glass bottle).

I have slipped back into the low energy mode.  I struggle to make it past 8:00 for a bedtime.  :( 

I have discovered the I am anti-onion at the moment.  I am requesting dishes without the onion addition, and am modifying dishes to exclude onions.  Hopefully this won't last long, because I do like onions.... just not right now.

Aaron and I have started a registry at Target.  We will add things to this list as we think about them, and hear reviews from our friends with children.

Thanks so much for your continued prayers!  We are so excited to continue in this journey! Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment