Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, June 30, 2014

Michael: 2 Months from Two


On Saturday, Michael became 2 months away from his 2nd birthday. Excuse me, but where did the time go? Wasn't it just last week that I was having a baby shower and day dreaming of what life would be like with a baby?!? And now, I am the mother of a near-two-year-old and an almost-6-month-old and boy, has it been one crazy (but fun) ride!

Michael, you are a dream! I love every single minute with you. When I'm at work, I ache to be at home with you and your brother and your daddy and puppy. I love you all. You are at such a fun age! You say new things and do new things every day and I'm in love with all of it. I totally wish my brain could remember all of your cute antics. I think often of how I'll feel when I look at you and you're 20 and I'll think back on these days when you're still so little and learning.

You crack me up everyday. You are definitely opinionated and you can be ornery at times. But you know what? I'm totally fine with it. You're precious regardless and you are learning and processing and going through things so I don't mind the tantrums and mood swings. (And I hope you don't mind mine--ha).

There will be times that you are spinning in circles in the kitchen & I'll spin too only to be greeted with a loud "ehhh!" and you run and hide because you didn't want me to dance with you. Or to have you say "mama?" and I respond with eye contact and "yes?" and you in turn go "ehhh!" and look away. I smile anyways because I know it's a mood and I'll never let a mood ever stop me from answering you when you call my name.

And, by the way, I LOVE to hear you call my name. When I get to be the one to go into your room on the weekends when you wake, or every week day when I come home from work, my heart is extra full when I hear you say "Hi, Mama!" I love it. I absolutely love it. And I seriously don't mind when you say it 20 times in the span of an hour or when you wave and say it after I've gotten on to you for something you shouldn't have done. It's priceless to me to hear you say my name and I consider "Hi, Mama" a sentence which is a milestone in itself.

You are also fond of saying "Mama, or Dada" or "Dada, or Mama." I love the "or" part! So sweet!

You are also grasping the true meaning of "yeah!" and "no." Last week I asked you if you slept good and you said "no" so it wasn't clear if you meant to actually say "yes". You actually didn't start saying "yeah!" until this week. You would say "mmm-hmmm" if you were agreeing with something but you said "no" to mean yes and no. This week, however, you started saying "yeah!" and yes I do really put an exclamation mark when I write it because that's how you say it-- with enthusiasm every time. Today you were standing by the kitchen entrance and I asked "do you want some lunch?" You said "yeah!" And I asked "are you hungry?" And you replied "yeah!" So when I walked over to open the baby gate for you, you laughed and laughed as if to say "she gets it! She knows what I meant!" It was really the cutest thing.

I think if I were to write down all the sweet and cute things you have done or said, this post would be pages upon pages long. I absolutely love you and will write this all down for you in a special place so neither one of us forgets and so we can reminisce together when you're 20 and we both have a hard time remembering these days when you were little and learning.



Here are some photos from the past month:

This is how I was greeted one Sunday morning:


Blowing bubbles in Mommy's cup:


Found some baseballs:

Keeping some baseballs:


Ashley comes to visit!

Brotherly Love:


Mommy and Michael:


Screen shot of "cool glasses dude!"


Such great brothers:





I love you so, Michael dear. You and your brother are my joy. I praise God that He chose me to be your mommy. I pray that you seek Him earnestly and always.


I just can't say it enough-- I love you. Forever, dear one, forever. Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment