Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thankful for My Cheffer

A "cheffer" was a term of endearment in my house while growing up.  My little brother invented the term to describe, obviously, a chef.  These days, I have a fantastic cheffer.  None other than my sweet husband. 

This guy is incredible in the kitchen!  He can add dashes and sprinkles of spices and turn any dish into a culinary experience!  He grills, he cooks on the stove top, he makes his own pasta, he makes bread.  This guy can do it. 

As we made our grocery list for this week, we decided that we would have Velveeta Cheesy Skillet on Monday night for dinner.  If you haven't tried a flavor of Velveeta Cheesy Skillet yet, please do so.  It's like Hamburger Helper, except kicked up a notch.  After we returned from the store, we realized that we did not buy a box of Velveeta Cheesy Skillet.  Aaron grabbed ground meat, a box of Velveeta & Shells that was already in our pantry, and he got to work creating Velveeta Cheesy Skillet by hand.  He added mustard of all things to the meat to flavor it since he knew that just adding ground meat and mac-and-cheese wouldn't produce the flavors he was looking for.  Mustard was the ticket!  This dish tasted so good!!!

I know a lot of you out there might be thinking "Ok, seriously, she's raving about her husband making a homemade version of a boxed meal."  And yes, I am.  But that's just because it was what we had for dinner last night and he made it himself.  His skills reach far beyond making a homemade version of a boxed meal.  And if you're wondering why we are eating boxed meals, I have some answers.  Number one, it's food.  Number two, we're on a budget.  I won't rehash that again.  You can thank me later.  Number three, we both grew up eating things like this and it's a version of comfort food for us.  Number four, we do eat meals with fresh ingredients but last night was a Monday night and it was quite deserving of some comfort food. 

This morning, after eventually just biting the bullet and getting out of bed since our youngest hardly let us sleep a wink, Aaron made breakfast burritos.  For Thanksgiving dessert, he made Pumpkin Baklava.  On Saturday, I saw a TV show on which they were eating garlicky pasta and I mentioned how good it looked.  Aaron made homemade pasta with a garlic cream sauce for lunch.  This guy can cook and he's good! 

So watch out all of you Chopped Champions.  My husband can give you a run for your money. 

I just wanted to take a few moments and write about how much he blesses me with his cooking. 

So, if you're reading this, Aaron, I love you and I'm thoroughly enjoying my lunch of left-overs right now. :) 



Until Next Time,

Much love,  Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment