Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday: Quirks, Phobias, Pet Peeves, Nicknames

Today I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for Show and Tell Tuesday!


Hmmmmm, let's see here.
Quirks

Former OCD

I used to have some serious OCD.  If I was watching a movie, and the actor said something clever, I would repeat the line in my head 7 times before my brain would allow me to watch the rest of the movie in peace. Weird, I know!


Water

At night, before I go to bed, I've GOT to have water on my nightstand.  At my house, waking up in the middle of the night is quite common and I always feel like I need to drink water before I can go back to sleep.  If I don't have a glass of water nearby, I feel like I'm dying of thirst.  And yet, at that same time, I don't want to walk to the kitchen to get something to drink. 


Barefeet

I'm in my barefeet whenever I can be.  Once I get home each afternoon, the shoes come off and it's barefeet time!  I don't even like to walk around my house in socks because I feel like my feet can't breathe.  I can't stand to sleep in socks.  Even in the dead of winter, I must have barefeet especially at bedtime.  I stick one foot out of the covers and that's really the only way I can fall asleep. 


Fans

We have ceiling fans in nearly every room in our house.  #weliveinthesouth  It doesn't matter if it's the middle of summer with the AC on, the fans are also on.  It doesn't matter if it's the middle of January (when it actually gets cold down here)-- the fans are on.  I do not like to walk into a room and see the ceiling fan off.  Fans stay on at my house.  It's just our thing.


Fake Interest

I really try not to share too many details about my job.  Obviously, I'm referring to details about how the job is done, not about privacy issues-- those are NEVER shared.  But, at my job, we use a lot of different programs that all have acronyms, and we also have a LOT of rules and regulations to follow in processing certain claims.  I understood very quickly that my family wasn't going to get it if I came home and explained my job.  So I hardly ever talk about it because I know how bored they'd be.  However, I do wish the same courtesy was extended to me sometimes. :)  I'm looking at you, hubby.  My sweet husband will explain scenarios in his job and will throw out the names of applications and programs and I really do nod and smile for the most part, but I've got no clue what he's referring to.  Sometimes, I can't help myself and my eyes totally glaze over.  He recognizes this facial expression and will quickly finish his story so we can move on to something we both can relate to.


The Americans

I'm on my 4th time through watching Seasons 1-3 of The Americans on amazon prime instant video.  I haven't paid to watch season 4 yet, so I know it's available to me when I can't stand the cliffhanger of season 3 any longer.  But, it's nice to know season 4 is waiting.  Once I find a show that I like, and that I can have playing in the background, I don't easily change.  I watched Suits two times through, and am on my 4th time of The Americans currently. 


Phobias

Roaches

No lie.  I cannot stand them.  We lived in Hawaii for 5 years while I was growing up, and they had them everywhere since it was such a warm climate.  I hated them before I moved to Hawaii, I hated them there, and I hate them here.  I literally cringe and my neck tenses up when I'm left alone to kill one (ie, if Aaron has already gone to work for the day, and then I see one on it's back in the house).  It's rare to see them in our house, but I absolutely abhor them. 


Pet Peeves

Walking Without Looking

I don't have many pet peeves, but when people walk without looking where they're going certainly counts as a pet peeve to me.  This is something I used to be horrible about doing, and I caught on that it was SUPER annoying for others around me.  So, I'm very cautious now to look where I'm going, and now I can't stand it when others walk without looking where they're going.  Happens a lot in an office environment. 

Nicknames

Baby G

My maiden name starts with a G, and my dad has always called me Reba G, or Baby G.  Even to this day, he calls me this, even though my last name now begins with a P. 

Reebz

In college, one of my brother's fraternity brothers (whom I was also friends with) was (still is?) a hip-hop artist and called me Reebz randomly one day.  My two besties caught on, and call me Reebz still.  In fact, whenever I send notes and cards to them in the mail, I sign as Reebz. 



Such a fun topic!  I can't wait to read through the rest!

Until Next Time, 
Much love, Reba



No comments:

Post a Comment