Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, October 28, 2016

The Case for Peplum

Recently, I've been super focused on intensive workouts to target my mid-section.  To aid in fashion choices during this transition time, I've chosen to try some peplum tops. They add a little flair (no pun intended) to an outfit, and also disguise the mid-section.  During a recent 50% off site-wide sale at LOFT, I chose 3 tops to try out.

The first one is a dark gray.  It's my favorite out of all three.  It's very long, which is great for my longer torso.


The sleeve has a little flair to it.


The next is like a cross between a sweater and a shirt.  It's pretty boxy, so it's not my first choice when it comes to choosing tops to wear.

I do like how the ribbing on the shirt goes in a different direction on the sleeves.

I also like how the bottom half of the shirt is not ribbed.  However, since it's so boxy, I kind of feel like it looks more like a maternity shirt, so I'm a little hesitant to wear it in public.

The third shirt has a double layer of ruffles, which I think is cute.  It's the shortest of all three shirts, so I have to be more mindful of my pants choices when I wear this shirt. (Note: I did not wear the shirt with these pants since they are both a wider shape.  I wore a fitted t-shirt with these pants-- which are also from LOFT).

This shirt is so so soft.  It's the softest of the three, and I definitely like how it feels, but because my torso is so long, my cami nearly sticks out from the bottom of this shirt.


So, there you have it!  Why peplum is good for hiding tricky midsections. :)

Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment