Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Meals for the Week!

This week, as we undergo the first rounds of holiday eating, we decided to keep things simple at home for our "non-holiday" suppers.  Also, we're nearing the end of the gas tank supply, and we want to make sure that we have enough gas for Thanksgiving cooking!  So, the crock pot is getting a workout this week.  

Last night, we had Beef and Broccoli.




Tonight is our church's Thanksgiving fellowship-- fortunately it's at a house just up the street from us, so the commute is easy!  We're bringing deviled eggs and coconut cream pie

Tomorrow, we're having one of our favorite crock pot meals-- Chicken Italiano!  We discovered this recipe when I was prepping freezer meals in the last few weeks of my pregnancy with Noah.  This one has remained a favorite since!  We usually pair ours with penne. 



On Thursday, we'll be hosting Thanksgiving at our home, and we'll be making deep fried turkey, green bean casserole, and pumpkin cups.  Our other family members will bring other items and we'll make a feast of it!

On Friday, we'll be trying out this recipe for Cashew Chicken.  This recipe choice is partly due to my hubby's purchase of a Costco size container of cashews. :)  Gotta use them somehow. 



What are your easy recipes for holiday weeks?


Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba



No comments:

Post a Comment