Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, January 26, 2018

Avery: 5 Months

Avery turned 5 months old on January 20th!  I just cannot believe it!

The boys are still enamored with her & I'm hoping that never ends!




At her 4 month check up she weighed 13.1 pounds and was 24 inches tall.  She is in the 25th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference-- a very proportionate little girl.  We don't have another doctor visit until her 6-month check-up, so I'm just having to guess on her weight, which I think is around 15lbs now.


Clothing: Avery is in 6 month clothing.  CUE. THE. TEARS.  One night after a feeding, I started to change her diaper and realized she'd need a clothes change too.  So I grabbed one of her 3-6 month pajamas, and I stuck one of her feet in it, and I couldn't get the pajama to come all the way up to her shoulder for her arm to be able to go in.  So, I had to fumble around in the dark for a 6 month size pajama.  The next day, I sorted all her 6 month clothes and stuck them in a drawer.  She actually has quite a bit of size 6 month things, so it's really okay to go ahead and dress her in them before she graduates to size 6-9 months (which sounds huge).  I haven't cleaned out her size 3-6 month drawer yet because I just can't bear it. I'm sure she could still fit into the onesies, and some of the pants, (just not the one piece pajamas due to the length) but I'm not going to attempt it.  I'm sad that she left that size range because lots of those pieces were given to me at her baby shower.  So, I'm keeping that drawer closed for a little bit until I can bear to sort through them to find which items I'd like to keep.  She has a good variety of size 6 month things (some new from Christmas, and some hand-me-downs).  Everything is cute, so I'm pumped about continuing to dress her in all the cute practical clothing.  

Diapers: She's very comfortably in size 2.  I'm about halfway through a box of size 2 diapers, and have an entire box left.  I think we'll end up buying probably 2 or even 3 more boxes of this size.  

Sleeping:  She is fully sleeping in her own room now!  We transitioned her the weekend after Christmas.  Avery had her 4 month sleep regression for naps, and seems to be pulling that into her nighttime sleeping a little bit.  We're going through a transition with how much she is eating right now, and I'm not sure if her waking at night is due to teething, or filling up on milk so that she doesn't have to drink as many bottles during the day, or what.  She goes about 3-4 hours for her first stretch of sleep, and then 2 hours after that until the daytime.  She's going down for the night anywhere between 6:30pm and 8:30pm.  She's waking up around 7:30 in the morning.  

Feeding: She hates bottle feeding and refuses to accept a bottle when she's in her own home.  She hardly took her designated bottle amounts this week at my mother-in-law's house, so we've cut back on the amount we're heating up for her. She tried rice cereal for the first time and did okay!  She's done much better since then and has finished her bowl each time.  Then I'm prepared with a wet paper towel to wipe off her face, because she instantly screams when she knows the cereal is gone and I have to quickly get her out of her chair and nurse her briefly for her to calm down. 





Tummy Time:  She loves being on the floor now and particularly enjoys rolling over.  Her favorite time to roll over is right at the beginning of a diaper change, so it's a bit of a game now to get her to stay still!

Habit: She now wants to sleep with her pacifier in her mouth and will wake when it falls out, unless she's in a deep sleep.  In the night when her paci falls out, she'll lift her legs and slam them on her bed making a thwap, thwap, thwap sound in the middle of the night.  Most time, I can just go in her room and find her paci and stick it back in her mouth without her really waking up.  When she does wake up from that, I just feed her a bit and she seems to fall right back asleep.  

Aaron & I still just sit and stare at her in the evenings after the boys have gone to bed.  We just can't get over how cute she is and how blessed we are to have her in our lives!  













Until Next Time, 
Much love, Reba



1 comment:

  1. Oh sweetheart!!! Kip is the EXACT same with the pacifier in the night. Such a precious girl. Happy 5 months!

    ReplyDelete