Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Noah's 4 Year Old "Garbage Truck" Birthday Party

For Noah’s birthday party, we invited grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins, and a couple close family friends from our church.  Since Noah isn’t in daycare and since we don’t go to a large church, he doesn’t really have friends his own age.  I also have a strict policy now about not inviting people just to create a larger crowd so my party decorating efforts are wider appreciated.  And I also have a strict policy of not inviting people who won’t bring my child joy (so if the people aren’t really Noah’s choices, they don’t come.  And this is true for all parties of my children now). 





We decided to have the party at dinnertime so that the cake could act as the bedtime snack for my boys.  Aaron has hand made every birthday cake for our children.  This time, we made a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, and Aaron piped a garbage truck on top.



We served some dinner appetizers, along with Cheetos (Noah’s request), and sodas (which I printed off pictures of the garbage trucks Noah loves and taped to the soda labels).  



We had little cake plates that had a garbage truck, school bus (another Noah favorite), dump truck, and monster truck on them.  



We also had green plastic ware that I stuck in a garbage can toy.



Michael, my mother in law, and I played “pin the garbage truck on the dumpster.”  Noah didn’t want to play and was more concerned with cake, Cheetos, presents, playing with presents, cake, and playing with presents.





Our family friends happened to find a garbage truck toy that Noah didn’t have yet!  He was thrilled!


And my mother in law found some garbage truck pajamas for him! 



It was a low key party, but that’s just perfect for us!


Until Next Time, 
Much love, Reba



No comments:

Post a Comment