Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Noah is 4!

Oh my gracious!  Time just flies around here!

I'm seriously having difficulty accepting the fact that Noah is four!  His birthday was yesterday, but I can so clearly remember the day he was born.  It doesn't seem like it was four years ago.  A lot has happened since that time.

Noah is still my spunky child.  He is still a great self entertainer and his imagination is through the ROOF!




He's my trooper child.  He has to be told to "wait" a lot when we're doing blood sugar checks for Michael, etc, or when Avery is crying and I'm trying to feed her or change a diaper.  Noah, from day one, hasn't ever been ignored or forgotten.  His cries at birth were a sure indicator that he would make his presence known, and he has!!!  But I do acknowledge that he has to put up with a lot of "wait"s in his little life.  He's such a trooper about it.

He is the epitome of "grazer," which is how toddler eating habits are described.  We really couldn't let Michael be a grazer, and fortunately he wasn't one to graze.  But Noah absolutely can graze like a champ.  His eating habits are like waves.  Some days, he's on the crest of the wave and can eat a big bowl of cereal, four lunchables (one for snack, two for lunch, one more for snack), and dinner.  Other days (read: MOST DAYS) he's a nibbler.  He'll typically eat cereal for breakfast (we use Fairlife milk for it's carb to protein ratio for Michael's benefit, and the fact that it's lactose free for Noah's benefit).  He's pretty good about eating most of his lunch.  However, dinner is basically a no-go.  He does understand that he won't get a bedtime snack if he doesn't eat his dinner (or that dinner will be his bedtime snack if he doesn't eat at dinnertime).  Most of the time, he doesn't care.  I know that he doesn't know how to purposely starve himself, so I'm okay with letting him go about his business in the evenings.  I'm careful not to let him fill up on snacks during the afternoon hours though.  This past week he's done exceptionally well at eating dinner.

Noah is a rule follower when it comes to bathroom hygiene.  If the rule is to go potty, wipe, flush, wash hands with soap, dry hands, turn off the bathroom light-- Noah follows the rules.  If Michael doesn't flush, or doesn't turn off the light, Noah is quick to let us know!

He is enjoying being the only one who can pick shows to watch during the day at my mother in law's house.  Michael is at school, and Avery obviously can't choose shows yet.  Noah's selection of choice?  Watching garbage truck videos on YouTube.  Seriously.  My mother in law's TV can display YouTube, and she searches "garbage truck videos for children" and Noah makes a selection.  Most of the videos are compilations of people filming garbage trucks driving through their neighborhood and picking up trash.  My mother in law and I are so tired of these videos!  But Noah's been on this streak for months, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down!



Noah is OBSESSED with garbage trucks. He dressed as a garbage truck for Halloween (wearing a t-shirt that Aaron drew a garbage truck windshield, steering wheel, and wrote MACK on).  He still wears that t-shirt today.  He pairs it with a pair of bright blue cotton pants, and that's his uniform.  He'll choose this exact outfit probably 4 days a week (the other 3 days, I'm washing the items).  My mother in law found garbage truck pajamas that she bought him for Christmas.  He wears the pajama shirt (embroidered with a garbage truck patch) on the days when his white t-shirt is in the wash.  My sister-in-law in Georgia has a Cricut machine, and she has made Noah 5 t-shirts with 5 different garbage truck designs on them.  We will get those this weekend when we attend my niece's first birthday party.  Noah doesn't know about the shirts, so I'm sure he'll be thrilled and will then have an entire wardrobe of garbage truck shirts to choose from.  I might as well clean out the rest of his shirts from his drawer now. :)





Noah is a skinny minnie.  His 4-yr check up is at the end of this month and I'll update then with his stats and percentile.  He wears 4T pants and shirts.  The shirts are very big on him.  The pants are slightly big in the waist, but they are the right length.  We think Noah is very tall for his age.  He still wears size 9 shoes (been in this size for over a year).

Aside from garbage trucks, Noah loves school busses.  We go outside every morning to wave to my dad as he drives the elementary bus through the neighborhood.  Then about 20 minutes after that, we go back outside to wave to the driver of the middle school bus.  Noah's favorite day of the week is Monday, because that's when our trash truck comes.  So he gets to wave to the garbage truck driver, and two school bus drivers on Mondays.  Hopefully he'll always be so cheerful about Mondays!  I can't even be disappointed when Mondays roll around, because I know Noah is so excited about them!

Noah made a cake with my mother in law yesterday.  He was certain he wanted "cupcakes and a cake" so they made one 9-inch round, and 12 cupcakes.  He brought home the cake and 2 cupcakes (one for him, one for Michael).  He chose a yellow cake with bright green frosting and lots of sprinkles.  He wanted pizza for dinner, so Aaron picked up some on his way home.  My mom came over after dinner and she helped us sing Happy Birthday to Noah.  We each had a small piece of cake, but Noah had his after a go-gurt, which he insisted that he had to have before eating cake. :)  Michael had a cupcake and was in hog heaven.



We will have Noah's party next weekend (garbage truck themed!) and I'll be sure to post pictures.

Noah is just so sweet and I'm pretty sure his love language is physical touch.  He needs hugs, and loves to sit in my lap, and cuddle on the couch.  In the midst of all of the waiting that he has to do, he needs to know that he's still very much loved and appreciated.  I can see a big attitude change in him on days when I make sure to give him the extra holds that he needs.

I love you, dear Noah!  Keep being a spunky, shining light!  I pray for you to seek Jesus early and always because that will bring you true everlasting joy, my love!



I'm so happy that you're excited to be four years old!  I love you forever and ever.  Love, Mommy


Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment