Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Peach Cobbler

Cobblers are such a great dessert because they are so easy to make!  And if you know me, you know I like easy when it comes to baking!

We've had some jarred peaches in our pantry and neither Aaron nor I just eat jarred peaches just to eat them. So I knew we needed to find some way to include them in a baked good or they'd just continue taking up space in my pantry.

Aaron likes the "cobbler" part of cobbler, and I've oddly been in the mood for a warm peach dessert, so peach cobbler was obviously the right choice!

Anytime I read a recipe that includes "fresh peaches" which I don't have on hand this time of year, I just replace it with jarred peaches (and I keep typing jarred instead of canned since the peaches I have are in glass jars, but canned would work just the same).  I researched a recipe that included fresh peaches, and I had to read a little further to see that part of the amount of sugar requested was actually used to create a syrup for the fresh peaches.  I just removed that part of the recipe entirely and used jarred/canned peaches in place of the fresh peaches and the extra sugar called for.

***

For an 8x8 pan, I used the following measurements:

1/4 c butter (half of a stick)
1/2 c AP flour
1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 c milk
1 1/2 c jarred/canned peaches
Ground cinnamon for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 375.
Melt the butter in the 8x8 pan.
Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and milk in a bowl just until moistened.
Once the butter melts, pour the flour mixture over the butter but do not stir it into the butter.
Add the peaches on top of the flour mixture in the pan but do not stir it all together.  It's okay if a little juice/syrup from the peaches gets into the pan also.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.



Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is a nice golden brown.

Serve warm, and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for extra oomph!




***

Cobblers are the perfect easy dessert since they're just a "dump and go" kind of thing.  We'll probably be making lots of cobblers as our weather down here is tricking us into thinking it's early summer although we're barely past the middle of February!

Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba



No comments:

Post a Comment