Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, June 10, 2019

Job Update

Last week on Tuesday, I received a phone call from the principal at the school where I did my internship and where I interviewed for the science teacher position.  He asked me if I was still interested and said that he was going to submit my name as the recommended candidate to the personnel director.  That Thursday afternoon, the board of education met and I received a phone call that afternoon telling me that the board had voted me in!  My official first day is July 31st and I'm excited, but also a bit anxious!  I haven't been told yet what subject I'll teach (I am guessing it'll be a combo of biology and either physical science or environmental science, and probably forensics as the elective).

This week on Friday, I will take the state's science test to prove I'm "highly qualified" to teach science to high-school students.  If I don't pass the test on Friday, I can wait 21 days and take it again.  I bought a study book on the third week of May when I interviewed for the position, and I booked myself on that same day to take the test on June 14th.  Since that time, I've been studying and researching science topics hoping to be able to pass the test on the first try (it's not a free test, so I'd like to financially be able to pass it on the first attempt!).

So, if it's a little silent over here on the blog, this is the reason why.  After I take the test on Friday, I'll have more free-time with which I can do some leisure writing.

After the test I'll also be trying to truly soak up these moments at home with my kiddos this summer.  This is one major perk of being a teacher and I want to make sure I treasure it!


Thanks for hanging in there and giving me grace as I study for this test.  I have been writing down some blog post ideas and can't wait to be able to actually write out some complete posts!


Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba

2 comments: