Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Faux Braid

After seeing & admiring some braided hairstyles recently, I did my research and found out that the braids were really a headband! I was so intrigued & looked into the company and was impressed by the work they do. The company is Madison Braids. I couldn't afford a braid on its own, but they had a BOGO sale a month or so ago, so I grabbed two for the price of one.  I chose a braid style and haircolor (they have three different types of braids and several haircolor options). The initial style was too thick for my hair (Halo) and I overestimated the blondeness in my hair. The company is so good about trades and exchanges so I contacted them and chose a thinner braid (Lulu 2 strand) and I took a risk on the brunette shade thinking for sure it would be too dark.  When it arrived, I was so so so excited to try it out. The thickness level was perfect and I learned a real life lesson about myself- I'm now a brunette. I didn't want to think that the blondeness of my childhood was gone, but it really is. I looked up some YouTube videos on how to style it and I've worn the braid to school a couple of times- always receiving complements when I do. It stays in place so well and really makes it look like I know how to style my hair (even though I don't!).




Until Next Time,
Much Love,Reba


1 comment: