Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Beach Trip Outfits

In preparation of our beach trip, I put together a few outfits that I am packing. I'm using our packing cubes again because it keeps everything so organized. I actually forget that I have these until it's time to pack and then I'm super excited when I remember how easy it'll be to pack everything!

I ordered this suit for 50% off from J.Crew when they were having a flash sale.  I've been eyeing it for about 3 years but knew that I'd need a serious sale in order to purchase it.  I'd also been wanting to order the caftan for about 2 years and finally got around to it this past week.


The shorts with the frayed hem are from Target.  I'm not a super huge fan of the high-waist, but they're comfortable enough to keep wearing.  The jeans are Wit & Wisdom with ab-solution technology.  They're my all time favorite brand of jeans, but I wait til they go on sale before buying a pair.  These are technically ankle-length, but I purposely bought them in the Regular length rather than Petite length so that they could be a longer jean on me.  They have a raw hem, which is a style I really wanted to try!  They fit so very well and are majorly comfortable.  The Old Navy mid-rise shorts were a hand-me-down and they're my favorite shorts.  I wish I could find other mid-rise styles these days, but apparently the high-waist is what's in for this summer and it's really difficult to find anything else! (similar shorts, but with a rolled hem)


I chose between these two shirts since they're both the same A-line style.  I ended up choosing the shirt on the left since the fabric is softer and I'm all about comfort when I go on a trip.  It's from Wal-Mart last summer.  The shirt on the right is a true favorite.  I cut the tassles off of it when it arrived because they weren't the same length and didn't add to the overall effect of the shirt.  I ordered up two sizes to make sure it was actually big enough since it comes from China.  I also learned my lesson not to put it in the dryer because the length will certainly shrink.  Now after I wash it, I lay it flat to dry and I tug on the hemline just to make sure it keeps it's length.  


This shirt is another Amazon find and it's so super soft!  I bought it in the fall to wear for a pep rally at school (Hawaiian themed, as it were) but I have worn it several times since then just because it's so comfortable. 


The dress is several years old from LOFT Beach line, but I loved the summery colors. Anything red, white, and blue says "Summer!" to me.  A few months ago, I bought the slip shorts from Target.  Wearing slips is a hassle to me, but slip shorts offer the same coverage and makes me feel like I'm actually more covered up. 


The PJs were a February find from TJMaxx and whatever material they're made from stays soft throughout washing and drying.  They're really comfortable which is how they made my vacation outfit approved list. :)


Here's everything laid out in the packing cube that I use for myself.  I use the other cubes for my kids' clothes.  I made sure to leave my pajamas on top since we'll be arriving late and this will be the first thing that I'll need to wear while I'm there.  


Once it's zipped shut, it's nice and compact and makes fitting everything in my duffel bag so easy. 


I'll update later on with what I'm bringing for the kids-- including games!

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment