Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, May 22, 2020

Kid Beach Outfits & Games

Using the packing cubes that come in a set of 5 (four zipping bags and one "shoe bag" or "wet bag"), I am able to pack all vacation clothes for me and my kiddos easily and can pretty much get everyone's items into one duffel bag.  I use the larger packing cube for myself, then each of the other three zipper bags for my kids. 

I start with Michael usually.  I put his things in the next largest zipper bag since his clothes are nearly the same size as mine.  For this quick trip, I packed three shirts (because kids spill), two pairs of shorts, one pair of pants (you never can be too prepared), one set of pajamas, (and of course underwear & socks). 


Noah wanted to pick out all of his own items.  This kid will wear jeans or pants every single day if he could, but I did persuade him to add some shorts in the mix.  He is also a creature of comfort and chose long sleeve fleece pajamas, so we'll see how that works out. :)  His clothes are pretty small, so they're easily able to fit into the middle sized zipping bag. 


Avery uses the smallest packing cube.  I packed the same clothing equation for her (three shirts, two shorts, one pair of pants, pajamas), plus a dress just in case she wanted to go that route on our trip.  I also include more than enough overnight diapers. 


Since we're staying somewhere not our own, I am including small games that are easy to pack and fun to play.  Uno is always a favorite with Michael (we played this for literally hours on end when he was in the hospital a year-and-a-half ago).  I'm also including regular playing cards so that Aaron and I can play Rummy or something else while the kids are sleeping.  Of course I had to throw in Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza and Spot it!  These are so super fun and we've really enjoyed them as we've mostly been at home over these past two months. 


Using packing cubes and making an extensive list ahead of time of all the things we could possibly need makes for a relatively easy packing time.  It's still overwhelming at times to pack for four people and think of all of the extra things to include.  At least it's summer and when I come home, I can just leave all of these things in a pile on my kitchen floor for a few hours without rushing to put it all away immediately!

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment