Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, May 11, 2020

Sayings of My Children

I figured it was time for another round of funny things my kids say.  I'm just truly amazed at the funny phrases that come out of their mouths!  It's so much fun to have Avery participate in these sayings now that her vocabulary is exploding.  All in all, they get along well together and do tend to feed off each other when it comes to funny conversations.  Here's a peek at the latest collection.



Michael: when I grow up will it be the future?
Me: yes.
Michael: (gasps) so there will be robots?!?


Noah: if your eye falls out and falls into your nose, you won't be able to breathe



We had BLTs for dinner. Michael said "when I eat this, I feel like a grown up." :)


(note: Noah has been spelling a lot of words out loud before he says them)
Noah: Mom, where's the c-h-o-c-k? Where's the chalk?



Noah: did you know your name has all the words (letters) in bear?



Me: Noah, could you color in the lines?
Noah: Blippi doesn't color in the lines.



(Avery walks into living room with her unicorn stick toy and Noah follows with a toy airplane)
Me: oh! Are you guys having a parade?
Avery: no. I'm having a horse.



Noah: I know that Billy is a nickname.
Michael: how do you know that Billy is a nickname?
Noah: (whispers) that's Grampa Bill's name.
Michael: (scoffs) Grampa Bill's name is not Billy. It's Michael.



Noah: I could just hug you forever.



Me: oh boy. Look at this mess you made.
Avery: I not make mess. Kani (what she calls Akuna) make mess.
Me: Akuna made this mess?
Avery: ya!
Me: I don't think so. I think you made this mess.
Avery: Oh. Right.



Michael: (pretending to talk on the phone) oh that was my baby sister. She dropped something. She's always very careful. She just does things on accident.



A: I want a rice krispy treat. They're so not ew!



Michael: (playing pretend) Noah, you have to name your monster.
Noah: baku taki.
Michael: No. It can't be a gibberish name. It has to be a real name. So Noah, what's your monster's name?
Noah: Michael



Me: oh, Avery! Did you toot?
Avery: yah.
Me: shoo-wee! It stinks!
Avery: (puts her hands on my eyelids) Here momma, just close your eyes



Me: (while making milkshakes) It needs to be thicker. I'll add some more ice cream.
Noah: (gasps) there's ice cream in it?!?



(When we told the boys that Venus was going to be its brightest on 04-27-20.  The boys peered out their window at night, then we went outside to look. The following morning, Michael was chatting with me about it.)
Michael: I can't believe I've been wishing to Venus this whole time.



Avery: what's this called?
Me: a rolling pin
Avery: I have a rolling pencil!



Yesterday after hearing me tell Michael it was May 1st and that school ends in May, Noah said "Wait! It's Summer 1st?!"



Noah: why do the coffee toffee bars look so weird?
Me: I'm not good at making the glaze. Never have been. Gigi is a pro.
Michael: so would you call yourself a half-newb or a whole-newb?
Me: 😳 (wide eyed surprised face that my son knows that slang term "newb.")



Michael: Can I just give you one hint for your Mother's Day present?
Me: if that will make you feel better, you can.
Michael: OK. It starts with G.
Me: ok. Great hint. I won't be able to figure that out.
Noah: wait a minute. Does purse start with G? 





Turns out, I really did get a purse from Noah for Mother's Day. :)  Michael got me a board game and Avery got me an Auburn t-shirt.  (They each talked with Aaron about what they wanted to pick out and he went to the store to get the items since we're not ready for our kids to be out and about in public quite yet).  

I try to soak up what they say and I know that one day, way before I'm ready, they'll suddenly be saying each word and phrase correctly and funny quips won't come out of their mouths on a daily basis.  I know that they've said things that I've missed writing down, but it sure is fun to read back through these posts and relive the moments when I've caught what they've said and cherished it.  :)


Until Next Time, 
Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment