Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Thursday, August 31, 2023

Birthday Fun

Michael is very low key when it comes to birthday celebrations. 


For his special birthday dinner he chose homemade "shrimp frito misto," which is a copycat Olive Garden dish of fried shrimp & fried bell peppers and a spicy ranch dip. Aaron bought a little deep fryer and made it happen! It was excellent! 


For dessert, Michael picked "churro cheesecake bars." Sometimes this is called a sopapilla cheesecake etc. It's basically crescent rolls as the base, some cinnamon sugar sprinkle, a cream cheese mixture, topped with another crescent rolls layer and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and baked. Yummy!

I made a primitive "11" with two singular candles and he was just as happy as could be! 



For his gifts, he had a few things to open from us and he waited patiently all day to open them! 




My in-laws came over at dinner to give Michael their gift. My parents & younger brother came over at dessert to give him their gifts. Michael opened his stash from us (not including the early gift he opened on Sunday afternoon from his siblings). Michael's last gift was a scavenger hunt! He LOVED this, & my other kiddos are asking for scavenger hunts for some of their Christmas gifts. :) Michael had to go to four different locations in the house (toothbrush holder in bathroom, lightswitch in laundry room, under pillow in his bedroom, and eventually to our closet). His gift was a very large toy sword that I couldn't figure out a good way to wrap. Hence the scavenger hunt! All three kids were running through the house with grins & excited feet! This is the only picture I got from their adventure, but it was so fun! 


It was the perfect fun evening!

He had a fun day & is happy to be 11! 


Until Next Time,

Much Love, Reba



No comments:

Post a Comment