Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, April 27, 2020

Hair Treatment

My hair type is normal to oily, which means I can't go two weeks between washing my hair, despite that length of time being a trend right now.  Even with dry shampoo, I make it just about two days before I need to re-wash.  I've never colored or dyed my hair, it's naturally wavy/curly and it's relatively thin so I try to find shampoos that are designed for adding volume or smoothness or clarifying.

(How it naturally looks:)


I use the Redken All Soft shampoo and conditioner which I either buy from JC Penney or on Amazon.  About every 5 washes or so, or after swimming in the summer, I try to use Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo.


I bought these Pantene Intense Rescue Shots from Publix several months ago and I use just a dab from a tube every few washes.  I apply it from the middle of my hair to the ends.  I really focus on the right side of my hair which is oddly the most curly/wavy side, and the most likely to become frizzy and out of control.  The directions on the package say to use a whole tube, but I imagine that would make my hair look too greasy.


I have gone back and forth with several products trying to tame my frizz.  Most recently, I've used the Color Wow Supernatural Spray.  My hair stylist gave me the rest of this bottle when I got my hair cut in January.  It works pretty well.  It lasts for about four shampoos, and I don't use it religiously since I'm trying to bide my time before I get more.  It's fairly pricey at $28.00 on Amazon.  I intend to buy this from my hair stylist though once salons open back up in our state.  She was kind enough to give me the rest of the bottle, so I'd like to support her rather than buying it from Amazon.

I bought this Mirah Hair Oil several months ago and wasn't too sure how to use it, so for a while, it just sat.  I periodically applied it to my hair after styling, but if I was over-zealous (read: two or three drops rubbed all over my hair), my hair looked greasy and I felt like I defeated the whole purpose of washing, drying, and styling my hair that day and it guaranteed that I'd have to wash it the next day.
However, this past week, I tried applying one to two drops when my hair is air drying and still damp.  This has seemed to work well and it has helped in the styling process.

I also use this Crack hair creme from Amazon.  It's a leave-in conditioner that I apply when my hair is damp.  I usually apply this at the same time as the hair oil.  Then I let my hair air dry and I straighten it or pull it into a bun after it's dry.




This combo of hair oil and Crack creme seem to be the best combo.  I'm excited to see how this holds up in the summer when the humidity arrives.

So far, it's doing well. This is how I looked after grocery shopping in 80 degree weather. Trust me, its usually way more frizzy!




Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment