Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Makeup Routine With A Mask

These days since we're all wearing a mask when we leave our homes, I've switched up my makeup routine in order not to over stress my skin.  Every day that I'm in the classroom, I have to wear a mask when entering & exiting the building, walking the halls, and anytime I'm within 6 feet of others. So basically all day unless I'm in my room alone or if I'm more than 6 feet when lecturing during a lesson.  At church on Sundays, I do not have to mask since our building is so large & since we don't have many people attending right now. Therefore on Sundays I usually apply more makeup than I do during weekdays. 


Anytime that I'll be wearing a mask at all, I do not apply makeup on my cheeks or chin. I swipe a very minimal amount of mineral powder foundation & bronzer to my forehead and I do my eye routine the way I described in my post from October. Sometimes, I'll also apply some of the lightest eye shadow shade (the one I use at the base) to my discolored spot on my right cheek (leftover from my first pregnancy).  I'll also apply a lip stain (I use this instead of a lip stick because it doesn't rub off inside the mask). My favorite is Forever Peach lip & cheek stain by Jane Iredale. This makeup line is clean, so I feel comfortable using it. You can find this lip stain on the brand's website and also on Amazon. I'm using a trial size but I'll be buying the regular size later this month when I'm hoping it goes on sale. I also always clean off my face with a makeup removing face wipe. My favorite right now is Burt's Bees in the grapefruit scent. 





On Sundays, I do a fuller make up routine that includes applying the mineral foundation powder all over my face and following it with mineral bronzer powder with an angled brush & dusting my cheeks with mineral powder blush in a peach shade using a kabuki brush. I'm using the Savvy Minerals makeup until I run out and then I'll find some other mineral makeup from a more reasonably priced brand in a drugstore. 


I always keep my hair back from my face. This helps keep off excess oil from my hair from touching my face. I switch between pulling my hair in a bun, pinning it back with clips or Bobby pins or using a hairband (I found a great set on Amazon). (I have this set too.) Another thing I do to combat excess oil and germs is to wash my mask everyday. My aunt sewed several cloth masks for my family & I wear a different one every single day. When I get home, I immediately put my daily mask into a lingerie laundry bag & wash it with the day's load of laundry. I keep clean masks in a gallon bag on top of my pie safe & I pick out one each day. 



So that's that!  How are you combating the mask and skincare?


Until Next Time, 

Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment