Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, October 12, 2020

Eye Make-up Routine

I hesitate actually calling this a "routine" because it's so simple.  The gist behind this focus on eye make-up is that this is one of the only places on my face that shows up when I'm wearing a mask.  I wear very minimal make-up these days to prohibit break-outs from the mask constantly resting on my skin and pushing make-up into my pores.  I'll dust on some powder foundation on my forehead, and I'll wear a light lip stain (so it doesn't rub off inside my mask), but I leave my cheeks and nose alone and make-up free. 


I decided to start focusing on my eyes more, especially because I'm wearing my glasses nearly everyday and the eyes are one of the few features I can accentuate these days.  I grabbed this Nudes of New York eye shadow palette from Target a few weeks ago and I've enjoyed playing around with the shades and I like that I'll have lots of options to keep experimenting with.  Currently, I use "Artist," "Self Starter," and "Inspirer" each day. 


I also use my Maybelline mascara that I got from Amazon in August.  The wand on this mascara separates my lashes and fans them out.   






I brush on "Artist" as the base color on my entire eye-lid and underneath my eyes. Then I use "Self-Starter" on my whole lower lid until I hit the crease. I then brush on the glittery "Inspirer" in the crease and blend it together with Self-Starter (just a bit).  Then I glide on the mascara (very rarely, I'll use eyeliner too). 






And that's it!  I feel like it gives some dimension to my eyes and accentuates the dark blue shade of them. 







Until Next Time, 

Much Love, Reba


 

No comments:

Post a Comment