Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, October 2, 2020

Mommin' Ain't Easy

 Oh my goodness, sometimes I get overwhelmed by the sheer load of responsibilities that fall onto the shoulders of moms!  At times, I really feel like I'm using up all of my energy to tread water and keep my head above the waves.  Translated, this means that sometimes I'm simply surviving through that day and making it to the next day and repeating.  Lots of times, this means that my wants are put on hold and I have to solely focus on what's right in front of me: being a mom, being a wife, being a housekeeper, being a full-time employee, handling finances, handling medical equipment refills, etc. etc. etc. AH! Sometimes it's just so much!


I believe every mom has a similar load.  I don't really think any mother has it "easy."  Even if you're not burdened with constant medical needs, you probably have some other major life event that takes up the majority of your time and you know what?  Your particular needs are just as important as mine.  Our needs may not be the same, but they still require our own individual levels of attention and as long as those needs matter to you and cause you to exert emotional energy on them, then that's all that counts-- they matter.  


I love blogging and I love leisure reading and I love photography and I love drawing, but I've had to prioritize these "wants" so that I know where I'd actually like to spend the majority of my time once I am finished with my actual responsibilities.  Sometimes, though, this means that none of these things actually occur since my day-to-day responsibilities can certainly take up the entire day (after day after day, and so on and so forth).  


Today was an eLearning Day at home which meant that every student in the county was conducting their schoolwork at home to practice doing their assignments virtually.  Some students in the county are virtual learners for the first 9 weeks (like my sons) and some students come to school traditionally 5 days a week and only get a few random days to practice logging into the virtual system.  These days are designed to make sure all students know the basics of logging in and completing coursework just in case any of those students have to be quarantined and become virtual learners during that time frame.  These eLearning Days mean I get to be home with my kiddos and be their teacher and mom and keep up with all things household and school at the same time.  It's busy but I love it.  I absolutely love being home and find the blessing in every chance I get to be here. 

It's nice to drink my coffee slowly and get another cup (or two) afterwards! :)  Today on my agenda was 

  • helping out the boys with their schoolwork
  • making sure Avery didn't get into too much mischief (she's been known to peel the top off of my coffee table when no one is looking)
  • grading my students' assignments as they came in
  • planning out the final lesson for next week (I've already done 2 out of 3-- I see each class 2 to 3 times a week, so I have roughly 5 lessons that have to be planned in a two week period)
  • changing and washing all sheets 
  • changing and washing all dish towels and bath hand towels
  • sprinkling baking soda & essential oil mixture on living room rug, then vacuuming living room rug
  • giving all hard floors a good sweep and possibly a dust-bustering
  • unloading and reloading dishwasher
  • folding clothes
So far, it's 3:15 and here's what I've accomplished:
  • helped boys with schoolwork 
  • kept Avery entertained by changing the show often (her picks were "Nursery Rhymes," "Vampirina," "Fancy Nancy," and "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.")
  • graded students assignments as they came in (this was HUGE and now all I lack to grade is what students will turn in on Monday/Tuesday)
  • changed and washed all sheets (except for my own, but I'll do that after this current load of sheets is washed)
  • Changed and washed all dish towels and hand towels
  • unloaded and reloaded dishwasher
  • folded clothes (and bonus points for putting away Avery's clothes and stacking boys' clothes in their room for them to put away)
Tasks still left to do today/this weekend:
  • planning out the final lesson for next week (I can do this in the evening or this weekend)
  • sprinkling baking soda and essential oil on the living room rug and vacuuming (I plan to do this as soon as I'm done with this post!)
  • sweeping all hard floors and possibly using dust buster (this will be done before vacuuming the rug in case I need extra vacuum help to grab all of the Akuna fur balls)
Overall, I think I did pretty well! 

I planned out our dinners this next week to be lots of crock pot meals or easy-to-put-together meals.  Tonight I'm choosing to make something that takes a little prep work since I have the time.  We'll be whipping up Mix and Match Mama's Apple Bacon Pancakes to welcome in October. 

I hope your Friday was fantastic and relaxing and everything necessary to boost yourself up for the end of the week!

Until Next Time, 
Much Love, Reba



No comments:

Post a Comment