Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Sayings of My Children

 Even as my kiddos get older, I still find them saying the funniest things!  It's also so much fun to read back through these posts later on. Michael & I especially love doing this from time to time! 

Here's our latest collection. 


Me:You're a bully
Avery: No. I a big girl

Noah: I want a mayo pickle sandwich.
Me: Okay
Noah: With ham & cheese inside it

Noah: Why am I not winning?
Michael: Because you chose a kiddie car
Noah: So what? Cats are fast!


Michael: What's a draft?
Me: A cold blow of wind
Noah: And if you don't add the "t" it's draf-- an animal

Backstory: we let Akuna outside & didn't realize it began to rain (heavily) while he was out. He was soaking & I had to dry him off with a towel after I got him in the laundry room. Michael asked to mop the floor with the Swiffer Wet Jet so I let him. A few minutes pass by after he's done mopping...
Michael: What are you doing, Noah?
Noah: Walking in the water and then stepping on the (couch) pillows to make them smell better.
Me: WHAT are you doing?! Please stop!

Me: This is your official 5 minute warning before we turn this off and read stories unless you want to have 10 minutes of this & no story.
Michael: 10 minutes
Noah: 5 minutes
Avery: 2 minutes

Avery: I like your shirt
Me: Thank you! I like your Minnie Mouse shirt! It's so cute!
Avery: Thank you! Do you like my ears?

Noah: The ice cream melted in my stomach and I'm hungry. 





(Finishing up Frozen 2)
Avery: turn up that sound.
Me: (turns up volume)
Avery: (near the end of the song) I don't want to hear it in my ears.
(That's code for "turn it off").

(Playing Mario kart)
Noah: Oh wow mom you're in 3rd! You'll win if you stay in 3rd!

(On her birthday. I'm letting her use kid scissors to cut apart coloring book pages.)
Avery: (stares at my face a very long time while holding scissors, or "hand cuts.") I don't want to cut your hair.
Me: I'm glad!

Noah: What's Uncle Andrew's name?
Me: Andrew Petersen
Noah: (gasps) He lives in our family?!?

Michael: I have a dream to go to your former home. Hawaii.
Me: What a great dream!
Michael: Except in my dream, everybody there speaks English





Me: Is it Friday?
Avery: No. It's dark.

(I open Avery's door in the morning & she's standing there holding her overnight diaper)
Me: Did you pee pee in your bed?
Avery: No. I "tee tee'd" in my bed

Noah: It's way past bedtime. It's pit black out there

Anytime someone asks another family member a question, Avery always say "tell me!" (Meaning "ask me!") She loves to be included.

Avery: (looking at a palm tree) Look mom! It's a beach tree!

(After eating apple slices)
Avery: I have heart eyes!

(After hearing a radio dj talk about coronavirus)
Avery: (gasps) Mama! They said cone virus!
Me: Yes. They did.
Avery: I don't want to get cone virus!





Michael: (looking at his breakfast choice) I think this looks like it's from...how do you say it? It looks like its from Britainy...I mean, England. That's it!

Avery: (sees my peanut butter toast) (gasps) Peanut butter! And jelly! And peanut butter. Then jelly. A pb and.... j.j.

Avery: (wearing silky pants) my feet have panties!



(Watching Shrek)
A: Hey, have you seen Wreck?


Avery: I made Baby PatPat's bed! Its soft, and sparkly, and soft and glittery! Its not blue. It's pink!

(Looking at a toy catalog.... on the Lego page)
A: Ugh! Who one cares about that?!

Michael: It's a waxy gibbous moon tonight 





I hope you've enjoyed this little peek into our lives!


Until Next Time, 

Much Love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment