Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Kiddo Update

 It's been a while since I shared an update on my kiddos, so here we go!


Michael: 9 Years

Michael is such a joy to be around!  He LOVES to offer encouragement to others and gives the best hugs!  He is still a fan of video games and likes to try out new games with new scenarios.  He's an awesome reader and likes to read historical fiction as well as comic-esque novels.  I was struggling recently with figuring out what items I could assemble for an Easter basket for him since he's not a little boy anymore and doesn't necessarily like the trendy items of "big boys" so I had a thought to look up "tween Easter basket ideas" and I found SO MANY great things!  Now I'm super excited to give him his Easter basket (which essentially is a "Spring essentials" basket of fun things to do together this Spring and Summer!  

Michael is tall-- nearly 5 feet at 9 years old.  He wears Adult Small or Youth XL shirts, and size 14/16 pants.  His shoe size is now bigger than mine, and I have a feeling that he'll pass me in height within the next year.  

He still has the prettiest thick blonde hair and he's getting to the age of wanting to buy body washes that will smell good and stay scented throughout the day.  I used to think I'd dread the tween and teenage years, but it's so much fun to think about how he's really developing his own sense of style and preferences.  It blew my mind a week ago when we went to his endocrinology appointment and he was able to handle some of the medical preparations entirely by himself!  He's really shaping up to be a great person and I'm so proud of him.  I love you so much, Michael-buddy!




Noah: 8 Years

Noah is as spunky as ever!  He thrives on one-on-one time and will forever be my best independent player out of all of my children.  He enjoyed a recent solo trip to the strawberry patch with his grandparents and was quite the successful picker!  He still loves all things police and is constantly on the search for any new police car toys and still gets a thrill when we see police cars driving around.  When I searched for Michael's Easter basket items, I also found some great things for Noah and I'm super pumped to give him his Easter things too!  

Noah is still my most sensitive kid as well and struggles with whiny voices some of the time.  He just can't quite let go of not being the baby, even though he hasn't been the baby for over four years.  He benefits from quality time and words of affirmation.  He is doing fantastic with wearing his glasses, and a recent trip to the eye doctor determined that once he outgrows his eye muscle issue, he most likely won't need glasses ever again.  He's my brown haired baby and his smile still lights up a room, almost as much as his big light blue eyes do! 

Noah is pretty tall (although I can't remember exact inches), and he's skinny.  He can still fit into size 6/7 pants in the waist, but they're too short.  He needs size 7/8 pants for length, but wears a child small in shirts.  He'll be tall and thin when he's older.  He aims to please those around him and he gets continual high-achievement marks at school.  He's a blessing to be around and I'm so glad he's my middle child!  I love you so, my Noah boy!



Avery: 4 Years

Avery is a treat.  She's a sour patch kid for sure.  Sometimes she's super sweet and kind.  Other times, she's exerting her own method of spunkiness and sass.  Sometimes she's great playing by herself and other times, she needs constant company from whichever adult is nearby.  She LOVES stories and the show "Bluey" on Disney plus.  She is still utterly enamored with unicorns and mermaids.  She's a great pretend mommy to her beloved doll, Baby Pat Pat.  

She has been a stellar participant in ballet class and I feel like we've found her niche. She practices her moves and the proper terms when she's not in class.  She plays ballerina with her Barbie and we read books about ballerinas.  She demonstrates her new moves and likes to look back at video clips of her performances.  She has an upcoming recital and I'm really looking forward to it!

She is on the taller side of average, and wears size child small shirts but can easily transition from pants anywhere from size 5T to 6/7.  She loves dressing up, singing (real songs and made up songs), eating and baking sweets of any kind, and cuddling.  She has a few "must haves" at bedtime like wearing her hair in a bun and singing the same couple songs.  

It's a joy to be around her because it's a constant surprise of what she'll do or say next!  Avery, you're so sweet and special.  I love you!



Well that was fun!

Until Next Time, 
Much Love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment