Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, February 24, 2012

13 Weeks

We are done with the first trimester!  This is such a huge blessing and we are very grateful!

Supposedly, during the second trimester I will regain some energy.  I have pretended that I am already gaining some of that energy, but my eyelids still tattle on me at 7:00 when I'm nodding off.


(Photo credit: blogspot.com)



Little Baby P. is growing and my belly is starting to grow as well.  I'm in what I call the "awkward" phase-- where my maternity clothes are still a little too big, but my regular clothes are a little too small.  Today, I wore a pair of maternity jeans which were still a little too big, so I felt awkward all day long at my desk.  I also have found out that maternity pants, since they have so much elastic in them, get a funky "rubbery" smell after being put in the dryer.  To me, they smell like a Mickey Mouse kid tent.
(Photo credit: smart-trade.co.nz)


So, I smelled like Mickey Mouse tent all day until I could go home and change clothes.  :) 

Baby Growth:

-Nose and lips are completely formed.
-Little Baby P. can make a fist & suck his or her thumb
-The eyelids have fused shut to protect the eyes as they continue developing
-Little Baby P.'s bones and skull are solidifying
-Ribs begin to appear
-Little Baby P.'s intestines (which were partly in the umbilical cord last week) are now tucked inside
-Tooth sockets have tiny teeth that will make their appearance several months after Little Baby P. is born
-Vocal cords and the larynx are completely formed and ready to cry, coo, and giggle in just a few short months! :)
-Little Baby P. weighs 20 grams and is 3 inches long, or about the length of a Nutter Butter:

(Photo credit: blogspot.com)


and about the size of a peach:



(Photo credit: picturesclip.com)


We are more excited every day about becoming parents.  We look forward to the joys and changes that accompany this journey.  Thank-you for keeping us in your prayers! Love, Reba 




No comments:

Post a Comment