Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, September 28, 2012

One Month

Today, Michael is one month old!  It's hard to believe that our little boy is growing so quickly!

Yesterday, we went to the doctor for Michael's one-month check-up.  He weighs in at 11 lbs 2 oz and is 22 inches long.  He's gained over 2 lbs since birth and is one inch longer!  He is in the 85th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for height.  He is a strong boy with strong legs and a strong grip (yes, that means he is already grabbing my hair). :)

This past month Michael has learned to smile and that is my most favorite developmental milestone thus far! He has such a sweet smile and you can't help but laugh and smile back at him when he flashes his baby grin! He smiles quickly when we tell him we love him. :) 

Here are some pictures taken today, and Michael shows off his happy face to document the special occasion of turning one-month old.




 
 
Here is our first family photo, taken last Saturday at my mom's house:
 
 
 
Here are some sweet smiles Michael shared last week:



 
 
 
Here is Michael in a tub bath.  He likes to be naked, so he thinks baths are ok now. :)  He still LOVES to have his head massaged with the shampoo!

 
 
 
I posed Michael with his Auburn pillow during an afternoon he spent hanging out in just his diaper. 

 
 
Here is our happy faced baby tiger!

 
 
I love being Michael's mommy!  He's such a cutie! 
 
I was thinking the other day about being a mom and it hit me "I have a one-month old! WOW!  I have a one-month old cute baby boy!"  It's so fun to be Michael's mommy-- even in the fussy times.  It's totally worth it to see the smiles he gives and the cuddles he shares. 
 
Enjoy the pictures of our sweet little(big) boy! Until next time! Much love, Reba
 

No comments:

Post a Comment