Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Noah: 4 Months

*Noah turned 4 Months old on Friday May 9th.  I wrote this post on Saturday the 10th, and Tuesday May 13th.*

Dearest Noah,

Yesterday, you turned 4 months old! Time has really slipped by us. I remember that I used to think it would take forever for your brother to turn 4 months old and get to try baby food. But you turned 4 months old in a flash!

We bypassed the rice cereal route for you and just started you on baby food squash. You weren't sure what to think at first, but you liked it more as we went on. You probably had about 15 bites of it. We will try it again tonight and tomorrow night before moving on to carrots and then sweet potatoes.

You are quite the talker these days! You blab to yourself in your crib. Pretty soon, you and your brother will be having gibberish conversations through the bedroom walls! The other day, you woke up from your nap early and started (loudly) talking to yourself. I went into your room and put your paci back in and you instantly fell asleep! It was the funniest thing. You can talk to yourself for a good half hour in the mornings before you start to fuss.

You love tummy time! You do so well when we put you on your tummy on the floor! Sometimes I'll put a toy plush turtle in front of you and you have a staring contest with it. :) You can raise your shoulders off the ground and lift your head up quite far and you smile when doing it! I know you'll be crawling before I know it. If you are doing tummy time and placing your face close to the ground, your hips and legs raise up like a little puppy dog's legs when the pup is eating food from a dog bowl. :) It's seriously cute.

We celebrated Mother's Day this weekend. It was your first, and we did a baby dedication at church! You were very amiable and oh so cute in your light blue bubble suit. Pictures to come soon. You received a certificate of dedication. Your daddy and I promised to raise you up in Christ and the church congregation along with family members present agreed to hold us accountable in doing so, and agreed to shine the light of Jesus in your life as well. You are blessed, Noah Scott. Truly blessed.

You are just like your brother in that you love to be outside! When you are fussy, all we have to do is step onto the back porch and you settle right down. You totally love sitting in your stroller and watching your brother play with the sand table or on the slide. I have a feeling you'll be an early crawler and an early walker. Michael looks like he's having too much fun and you don't want to miss out!

As long as you are swaddled, you are a stellar sleeper--once you get to sleep. I'm sure it won't be long until sleeping through the night is a consistent occurrence. You've slept through the night about 4 nights during the past week. You didn't sleep through the night on Friday night or Saturday night but I didn't care because it was the weekend and I didn't have to get up early to go to work. :) As I'm writing this, you are working on falling asleep in my arms.
You are swaddled and paci'd but you'd still rather gaze at the TV where Paw Patrol is playing. So we stand up and sway a bit, but your eyes stay open and you begin looking all around. Oh well, we'll try naptime again in a bit.

You're in size 3 diapers during the day and now we put you in a size 4 Pampers Extra Protection overnight diaper for nighttime. You are totally not big enough to wear size 4 diapers during the day, but we had these leftover from when your brother graduated into size 5 diapers. So, you get to wear these remaining diapers until they run out and, at that time, we'll buy you the Huggies Overnight brand (which we totally like better).

You can still fit into size 3 clothes, which amazes me. Of course it depends on the size of each particular onesie. You're definitely comfortable in the size 3-6 month clothes. I can't believe I'll already have to start pulling out the rest of your size "3-6 month" clothes and size "6 month" clothes, and put away your size "3 month" clothes. Time is just going by too quickly!



So Content to be outside and watch Michael play:

 
 
Loves tummy time on his "I-Spy" quilt:

 
 
Trying baby food-- doesn't quite like it:

 
 
After baby-food-- quite calm:

 
 
Outside again to watch brother play:

 
 
 
Noah, dear, you are such a smiley joy. I love you to absolute pieces. You make up a third of my heart beat. I am always eager to get home and love on you and your brother. I'm ever so grateful that God put you into our family. I'm blessed to be your mommy. I totally forever love you. Love, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment