Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday: If Walls Could Talk...

 
Today I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for Show and Tell Tuesdays.  The topic today?  House tours!  How fun!

Welcome to our home!

We bought our starter home in 2010-- a year after getting married. 
We liked the brick, the large flat lot, and the mature pecan trees. 

 
 
My husband bought two knock-out rose bushes for me for my first birthday as a homeowner.
 
 
Two years after buying our home, we welcomed our first baby here.  This room was already painted in these blue shades since the couple who owned the home previously had also welcomed home a baby boy.  It seemed natural that this room be the nursery, and we have a semi-beach theme going on.  Now our first born is nearly three!

 








In January 2014, our second little boy arrived. He is now 18 months old and sleeps in the Detroit Red Wings room-- this used to be a man cave but, well, things change. :)






This bathroom has housed many a bath night for two little ones. Recently painted white, it is much brighter and more cheery now. Add in a couple new rugs and voila! Cheerful bathroom suitable for bath toy wars and numerous splashes.






The master bathroom, also recently painted white, received new gray rugs because gray & white create a crisp and simple space.







The master bedroom has offered many nights of rest. Many prayers have been lifted up here, and many prayers have been answered. The antique vanity, passed down through many generations, and the bedroom set given to me by an aunt make this room feel extra special. The artwork above the bed is a watercolor print painted my sons and designed by my mother-in-law.



Fresh flowers add an extra dose of cheerfulness!


I love our corner fireplace.  The paint color is Walnut Bark.  The cream-colored walls are "Cozy Cottage" which I think is very fitting for this house.  :)   




 
I don't have a mudroom, so this bench is where we gather our shoes and our bags.

 
I love our gallery wall.  We change out the prints every so often, and add new canvasses when we can.  I have found that my oldest son finds peace in flowers.  I am keeping my eye out on my youngest son to find something that speaks to him, and I'll make canvas prints of that when the time comes. :)



The color in the dining room and kitchen is Wood Smoke.




 


 


 
This signs hangs in my kitchen near the coffee maker.  It's a daily reminder to relax the expectations I hold myself to.  It's a reminder to live in the moment and enjoy things as they come.  (Sign can be found here).
 
 


We added on this porch last fall.  The water table & sand table offer entertainment for two young ones while the porch creates safe shade.
 








The yard is large & flat with mature pecan trees. Two dogs especially love this space!





And that's that!

We love our home and the memories that we've made here. 


What about you?  What features of your home do you love?

Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba




2 comments: