Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Smiling Mirror

I'm really excited to be linking up with Andrea today to share Beauty Routines!

I keep it pretty simple. I don't wear a whole lot of make-up, which is probably why people assume I'm 16 rather than 27.

I start with a daily moisturizer and I follow that up with a tinted moisturizer. I like Covergirl BB cream. I use a cosmetic wedge to apply the moisturizer to my forehead and T-zone, and then I add the tinted moisturizer all over my face. I find that the tinted moisturizer helps conceal the post-pregnancy patchy skin on my cheeks.

I use Loreal liquid eyeliner on my top lid-- I don't use eyeliner on my bottom lid since it makes my eyes appear much smaller. I use Maybeline Million Lashes mascara on my top lid only for the same reasons as the eye liner.

I use Covergirl oil control powder to "set" the tinted moisturizer. I add some Covergirl peach blush and I apply e.l.f. lip stain in a neutral shade. I'm really impressed with the lip stains since they add a pop of color and stay in place without transferring to coffee cups like most lip sticks do.


Other products I like include Dove deodorant (it provides a nice light scent), a great summery Essie nailpolish shade (I like Cute as a Button), and my Chi hair straightener (which even keeps my surf-wavy hair tame & straight even in this Alabama muggy summer heat!).




And the best beauty tip of all is remembering to drink water throughout the day!  I love my Brita water filter bottle, and I take it with me everywhere I go.



I give the mirror a great big smile and I'm on my way!

Be sure to check out the Link-Up Party found here at Momfessionals to see the beauty routines, tips, and tricks that others are sharing today!


Until Next Time,

Much Love,
Reba

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with my Chi too! I have never had a straightener I have loved more! have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete