Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Sunday, September 5, 2021

Fall Touches 2021

Once the calendar shifted into September, I brought out our fall decor.  Each piece is special to me and that's what helps turn my house into a home.  Decorating for the seasons is one of my favorite things to do.  My goal is to create a cozy refuge for my family and decorating helps me achieve this. 

On my laundry room door, I have my season-changing wreath and my rattan pumpkin door hanger.  The season-changing wreath is set for September and I will change it out again in October and November.  The rattan pumpkin is one of the first door hangers I bought when Aaron and I owned our first home. 


In the dining room, I chose to display two wreaths.  On the window is a $3 felt wreath from Target from the fall when we had the boys in daycare in 2014.  I hardly had any money left over at the end of the month due to daycare fees and medical supplies, etc. so buying this $3 wreath was all I could afford at the time and I've taken special care of it to make sure it continues to last the seasons as a good reminder of how far God has brought us.  Above the "Family Rules" sign is a wreath made of cupcake wrappers. This was part of a Lady's Craft Night at church several years ago.  I purposely chose something "fall themed" so that I could use it during this season.  It takes extra care to make sure this wreath doesn't get too squished when storing! It's very delicate, but I love it and the rich coloring it has. 


On my table is a white and gray autumnal tablecloth, and this year I'm layering my fall table runner on top of it.  My Nana made the table runner for me and I absolutely love pulling it out each year! 


The felt leaf garland is adorning my mantle.  I love this little fall garland, but always question the addition of the blue leaves. What tree makes blue leaves??? 


On the mantle shelf are three pumpkins. The first is Avery's purple pumpkin face that she made with much particularity.  I love the girly-ness of it and of course the gold glitter "stem" adds a special touch too. 

On the other side of the mantle shelf are two other pumpkins-- both of which I made during Lady's Craft Night at church several years ago on different years. The one on the left is made from a pumpkin themed "fat quarter" of fabric and a toilet paper roll, and the white pumpkin is made from mason jar lids and twine. 


This year, my children are finally old enough for me to display pumpkins on top of my TV stand!  To be fair though, I did put the fabric pumpkin on the edge and tucked my mercury glass pumpkin behind the corner of the TV. 

My white ceramic pumpkin decorates the other side of the TV stand. 


On my coat closet door is the fabric "P" monogrammed pumpkin that I bought for $3 at a grocery store in Amish country Pennsylvania when Aaron and I visited my grandma in August of 2016.  This was such a fun find because not many letters were left and when I found the letter "P" I was so excited!  And since it was fabric, it was easy to pack in my suitcase!  I love pulling this out year after year.  I love the chevron and damask patterns and the light shade of orange.  


Fall is certainly one of my favorite seasons!  It used to be my number one favorite but now that I'm a teacher, summer and winter (Christmas break!) are tying for first.  Fall is a nice bonus favorite though with all of its fun activities and decorations to ease the transition back to school. 


Until Next Time, 

Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment