Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Sayings of my Children

Here's another rendition of silly sayings of my children. 


Me: You'll need to write some thank you notes.
Michael: I'm going to write a poem for mine!
Noah: I'm going to write a hate note to h-e-double-hockey-sticks
Me: That's not what I meant


Avery: When I close my eyes, I can't see. I need glasses

Anytime Avery wants to do something at a future time she'll say "to later."  Example: "Mommy, you see that? You need to get a big bat and get it. To later."

(While watching a show with my 3 y.o.nephew. The show host asks 'what's your favorite food?')
Avery: Watermelon
W: No! Not watermelon! Pancakes!

(When my nephew was getting in the pantry for a snack)
Me: what's up, snack attack?
W: I'm not snack attack! I'm a big boy


Conversation I overheard between my 8 y.o. nephew and my sons:

G: Did you guys know that Michael Jordan is now the coach of his own team?
Noah: But he's the president



(When Avery fell asleep in the car)
M: She's probably dreaming about telling someone "no"
N: She's probably dreaming about U.S.
Me: The United States?
N: No. U.S.
Me: Us?
N: No! Unicorns! Starts with a "u," ends with an "s."

(While playing)
Noah: It was shot...
Michael: Twice
Noah: No...
Michael: Thrice
Noah: No.  It was shot... three times

Avery: Akuna wanted his rope. So I gave it to him.
Me: That was nice
Avery: So... I am great
Me: You are great



(While the boys are flipping through the channels on a TV in a beach cabin)
Noah: (flips channel...it lands on a commercial)
Michael: Ad
Noah: (flips channel...it lands on a sitcom)
Michael: Old show
(My boys learned the art of not being able to choose the TV show since it's not a streaming service)




Avery calls Pocky "chopsticks."

So in children's church today we talked about blood sacrifice & how Jesus paid the price for us. One of the questions I asked was "do you think you could do enough good things to earn your way into Heaven?"
Noah's response "Well, you'd have to die first"

Avery calls pretend tattoos "bad-toos."

Noah: Do you have a sew at your house?
Me: A sew? Like things to sew?
Noah: Yes
Me: Yes I do.
Noah: Good. I need you to sew my blanket

Avery: What day is it?
Me: Thursday
Avery: What?! We had a Thursday last week!


Avery: The brothers are watching something scary on the chromebook
Me: Did you tell them to turn it off?
Avery: No. You're the parent. I'm not the parent


(My parents gave me a bouquet of flowers to commemorate starting another school year.)
Avery: I see roses!
Me: Have you smelled a rose? (I hold the bouquet to her)
Avery: Mmm! It smells like red!



Noah: I can spell chocolate
Me: How?
Noah: Chocklit

Me: Happy birthday!
Avery: (gasps) Thank you for saying that, Mom!

Michael: Happy birthday!
Avery: Thank you!
Michael: I can't believe you're 4!
Avery: (deadpans) What?.... why did you say that? I am three!




Avery: I want to watch a dee-bee-deeb! (Dvd)
Me: Oh yay! I love dee-bee-deebs! Which one do you want to see?
Avery: No. I just want to watch it




Avery calls mascara "eye-scare-ah."

Avery: You're a grown up
Me: But do I want to be a grown up?
Avery: Yeah because you're big! Not huge but totally big!

Avery: I need to tell you something (spreads arms wide) SO MANY!  So..... how was your day?

Me: (to Aaron) Do you want to taste this cream cheese frosting?
Avery: I want to taste! (takes a small taste) Mmm! It tastes like frost!

Michael: what are you watching (on the chromebook) ?
Noah: a tornado warning
Michael: well turn it down
Noah: I will not turn it down. I'm trying to have a VR tornado experience




Me: I'll take your plate to your seat. You can take your orange juice cup
Avery: Ugh! You have TWO hands!

Avery: Why do some people like cookies? Yuck. But they're still yummy though.






There you have it!

Until Next Time,

Much Love, Reba

 


No comments:

Post a Comment