Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Avery: 4 Months

Avery turned 4 months old on December 20th.

At her 2 month check up, she weighed 11 lbs and was 22.5 inches tall.  At her 4 month check up she weighed 13.1 pounds and was 24 inches tall.  She is in the 25th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference-- a very proportionate little girl.


Clothing: Avery is in size 3-6 month clothing.  She can fit into 3 month clothing, but I'm at the point where I don't want to have to guess what she's going to be comfortable in, so I've already switched out her 3 month outfits from her drawers, and put in the 3-6 month options. I have decided that I like the clothing with the range of months better than one solid month.  I feel like I get more attached to the clothing that is in a range of months because she gets to wear those pieces for longer.  When I buy her clothes from here on out, I'll buy clothes that come in the range of months.  So, her next range of clothing when she outgrows 3-6 month will be 6-9 month, and that will be springtime wear. 

Diapers: She's wearing size 2 diapers mainly because I used up all of our size 1 diapers and didn't want to buy any more.  Then I randomly found an entire BOX of size 1 diapers in her room, but I'm just going to return it to the store and exchange it for more size 2's (or maybe even size 3's since she has so many size 2's right now).   

Sleeping: Avery sleeps great at night, which is really all I want her to do!  She definitely entered the dreaded 4 month sleep regression, but we are so thankful that it only affected naptime length!  She still sleeps so wonderfully at night, that I'm really okay about the lack of, or shorter, naps.  She definitely prefers to be held during naps, or when awake (so, if she sees me, she needs to be held), so it's become increasingly difficult to get stuff done at home but I'm working through it and adjusting my routines!

Feeding: Avery still goes about 3 hours between daytime feeds.  At night, she's consistently going 4 hours between feeds, and that's okay.  I feel more comfortable after I feed her anyway and would prefer to feed her every 3-4 hours rather than 5-6 (which has happened a couple times and I was entirely uncomfortable until she ate or I pumped). 

Tummy Time:  We prop her up on us for her "tummy time."  She has excellent head control and is a nosey-body-- always wants to know what's going on around her.  

Habit: She wants to stand.  After diaper changes, and when we're holding her on our laps, we'll support her and have her stand up.  She LOVES it!  She gives a huge grin and looks around her like "Do you see this?!?"  Of course, we're holding onto her the whole time, and obviously she's nowhere near ready to stand on her own, but she likes putting weight on her legs and feet.  She also chats when she's falling asleep.  It's almost like "If I keep talking, I won't fall asleep." So she'll be laying in our arms, and her eyes will be closed but she'll continue to just say "ahhhhhh  ahhhhh" until she falls asleep. So cute.

Aaron & I still just sit and stare at her in the evenings after the boys have gone to bed.  We just can't get over how cute she is and how blessed we are to have her in our lives!  










Until Next Time, 
Much love, Reba


1 comment: