Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 Elf

Last year, the Elf on the Shelf came to our house for the first time and the boys loved it!  Michael named the elf Q.E..  I'm pretty sure he was trying to say Huey (a character in a Mario game), but it came out Q.E., so that's what we went with and it stuck.  

Lots of parents get intimidated by the elf, but I actually like it.  I make a list of ideas and also write down what ideas I've used (and the date) so that I can keep track, and so I can have a list ready for next December!  I also set an alarm in my phone (for 8pm or 9pm) so that I remember to relocate Q.E..

Here's a rundown of the elf shenanigans this year.  

He arrived on December 1st with a note saying he was back!


The next morning, he put diapers on all the stockings.


He rode Noah's biggest garbage truck:



He played with the star on the tree:


He brought the kids a new hand towel, soap dispenser, and toothbrush holder.  This one was SUPER fun!




He hid in the fridge.

He had a snowball fight with some toys.



On our famous snow day, he had a nice bubble bath.


He also made sure the boys knew not to leave these gross cookies for Santa.


Being an elf is tiring, so he took a nap on this day:



The next morning, his energy returned and he T.P.'d our tree:



He rode the sleigh on top of the entertainment center.


The next morning, he was on top of the pie safe in the dining room reading The Elf on the Shelf book to learn how to be a better elf. The kids ATE THIS UP!



The next day, on the kitchen counter he left a nice reminder to be tidy by saying "Santa likes a clean house."


He made a "shoe train" by our shoe bench in the kitchen.  Michael was NOT amused and removed some shoes from the train.



The next day he brought a gingerbread house kit.



The next morning, he was peering through the "O" of our J-O-Y stocking holders.


He visited the Nativity Set the next morning.


He colored in a coloring book one morning, and the boys thought it was so funny that he "scribble scrabbled."



This morning, it took a while for the boys to find him because he was hiding in the lantern by the fireplace.


He brought ornaments and paint for the kids to "Make an Ornament!"


He used a strand of battery operated globe lights to climb up the Nativity Advent on the front door.  Michael said he was climbing on the "Bible people."



The next morning, he brought a book-- The Nutcracker-- for the kids and I forgot to get a picture.

And on Christmas Eve morning, he was hanging from the top window in the living room.


I'm looking forward to Q.E.'s return next December!

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment