Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmas Bucket List

Here's our Christmas Bucket List!
  • ·       Go see Santa at Bass Pro and get a free picture frame! (the rustic-chic look of the frame is a favorite of mine!).   We accomplished this and I'm so excited!  

  • ·       Make handprint ornaments.  We did this last night!  They turned out so good! Avery's ended up being a footprint, because she can't curl her toes as easily as she can make a fist, so I knew I wouldn't be able to actually get her to place an open palm on the ornament.  I still think it turned out so cute!
Avery

Noah

Michael




I set them in a cut-apart toilet paper roll to dry. 

  • ·       Watch all of our Christmas movies at least once.  So far we’ve watched:
    • o       How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon)
    • o       How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey version.  Noah’s favorite simply for the line:  “the the the… the GRINCH!”)
    • o       Frosty (also a favorite of Noah’s for the train alone)
    • o       Frosty Returns (one of Michael’s favorites)
    • o       Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town
    • o       Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
    • o       The Santa Clause (a personal favorite of mine)
    • o       The Santa Clause 3
    • o       Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas
    • o       Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas
    • o       Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas
    • o       Home Alone
    • o       Home Alone 2
    • o       Window Wonderland (SO GOOD! One of Aaron’s favorites)
    • o       Eloise at Christmastime (one of my favorites and I’m hoping one of Avery’s favorites one day as well)


    (Avery napping during Eloise at Christmastime)
    • o       Switched for Christmas (new Candace Cameron Bure Christmas movie on Hallmark)
    • o       Elf
    • Prancer (also a movie that I hope becomes a favorite of Avery’s)
(Noah watching Prancer.  This is when the deer shows up in the barn in the middle of the night.  I'm pretty sure Noah thought Prancer was a scary movie at this point.)


    • Arthur Christmas (not Arthur on PBS.  This is a British animated film and it’s wonderful)
    •  Meet Me in St. Louis (my mom and I consider this a Christmas film)

  • We still have to watch:
    • ·       Charlie Brown Christmas
    • ·       It’s a Wonderful Life
    • ·       Christmas Vacation
    • ·       The Christmas List (with Mimi Rogers—a very difficult movie to find, but so good!)
    • ·       Christmas Under Wraps
    • ·       Christmas in Connecticut
    • The Holiday, 
    • Love Actually, 
    • The Polar Express
    • Miracle on 34th Street (both versions)
I’m sure I’m missing some, but these are the gist.
  • Decorate Christmas Cookies (and leave some for Santa)
  • Read the Christmas story and act it out with the toy nativity set
I'll add photos as I can!

Until Next Time, 
Much love, Reba


1 comment: