Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

So fast

The holiday season is racing by, and I'm a bit sad because of it!  I know that the holidays will roll around again before we know it, but it means my children will be one year older as will I.  I'm trying to "live my best life" which is the current trendy phrase going around now, but it's true.  I'm trying to soak up all these moments and ponder them in my heart as Mary did.

In the educational psychology class I took from August to October, I learned about how our brain categorizes thoughts and turns them into memories.  Memories are created from thoughts that we mull over and think about over and over again until our brain recognizes it as a significant event and stores it in the "long term memory" bank.  This is why we all remember where we were on 09/11, or entire days' events like when my dad has his accident  or when Michael was diagnosed with Type One Diabetes, and what our wedding days or graduation days were like, and the timelines leading up to the births of our children.  I'm trying to categorize all of the happenings this year, and formulate them into memories to be held in my long term memory bank.  I don't want to forget anything!  But that's not realistic.

We had snow this past weekend.  SNOW.  We hardly ever get snow that sticks to the ground. We usually see a few flakes midair in January or February, but never before Christmas.  Well, our neck of the Southeast got 6+ inches of snow on Friday.  It was magical.  Like living in a snowglobe.  School let out at noon.  Aaron came home early.  All of my people were home and warm and were able to watch the snow fall and cover our yard and home with a layer of magic.

Aaron took the boys to play in the snow on Friday afternoon.  I took them out on Saturday morning.  I also went out alone with my nice camera and took pictures of every single thing I saw so that I could remember it, because we are certain this will not happen again for probably 20 years.

I'll upload those pictures soon after I get a chance to cull them.  But for now, here are some random photos from the past few weeks.  I'm trying to remember to use this blog as a memory keeper for myself.  And photos are a good thing to add.

She had discovered the art of the selfie.


It's always an adventure with Noah!


This is a hoodie I wore as a baby!




He was so excited with his police car toy that he picked out for our church's Christmas party gift exchange, and he chose his own gift. :)


Wrestling time with Daddy!


What Avery wore to get her picture made with Santa.  She is pushing up on her feet which is why her legs aren't photographed.


A picture of our Santa picture. :)


The cookie Aaron secretly made for me one night last week.


Ready to go play in the snow on Friday!







Wearing her "Little Sister" pajamas.  This is size 3-6 month!


All decked out and ready to go outside on Saturday morning!








Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba


2 comments:

  1. Love ALL the photos!! I always forget what a novelty snow is in some parts of the country. Kind of exciting how fun and special it is for those that don't experience it often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Aaron & I just stared out the window at it because it was like living in a snow globe! And I caught myself being a little sad that it wouldn't last, and also thinking how we were mesmerized by it because it's so rare for us. I thought of how other people in snowy parts of the country must feel when they see snow-- not as amazed as we were!

      Delete