Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Christmas Tour

Today I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for Show & Tell Tuesday: Christmas Edition!

This is a chance to peek into the homes of others and see how they decorate for Christmas!  These posts are some of my favorite for the whole year because I love seeing how others incorporate Christmas decor into their homes.  I especially love seeing the sentimental family pieces that people have.

This is our tree. I let my kids decorate as high as they could reach (which is why most of the ornaments are on the lower half).  I filled in the top of the tree with the more sentimental/breakable ornaments.  I am not planning to rearrange the ornaments at all because I'm soaking up these moments when my kids want to help me decorate!




My mom had Precious Moments Baby's First Christmas for my brothers and me, and I wanted to carry that tradition through with my own kids.  We ordered Avery's ornament this year, and now I feel like my collection is complete.  :)


This Christmas pillow was made my by Nana!


This sleigh used to belong to my Aunt.  It is now sitting on top of our entertainment center since two little boys couldn't resist pulling out the greenery.


I made this candy cane wreath last year at a women's craft night at our church.


The stockings are from Pottery Barn Kids.  I love how they are all textured.  It was so fun to pick out Avery's stocking this year!


Both boys have gotten a good laugh in putting a gigantic stocking on their heads and pretending it's a Santa hat!



Michael made a paper chain at school (and Noah made one at my mother in law's house), and they each take off a chain each morning to indicate one day closer to Christmas.  It's an easy way for them to count down the days!


This is our Advent Calendar.  Each morning, the boys can put a new character of the Christmas story on the felt.


This is Michael's school Santa picture, and his "Mistle-toes" from his very first Christmas in 2012!
We are taking all 3 kids to the local Santa tomorrow and I'm so excited!  The boys are really "into" Christmas this year and are all about doing fun Christmas things, and Avery is young enough where I hope she won't mind being held by a stranger for a few moments!


The handprint wreath is from Noah's first Christmas, and the frame is last year's Christmas picture with our local Santa.  Michael wasn't sure he wanted to see Santa and get his picture made.  And Noah isn't really sure what's going on.  The Nativity set was bought by my mom at a Christian bookstore a couple years ago.


This door hanging is on the door leading out to our deck.  This used to hang in my house when I was growing up.


Here's a completed look at our mantle.


And a close up of the nativity set.



Here's a close up of Noah's handprint wreath and the Santa picture from last year.


This is the nativity set that I've been adding to since Aaron & my first Christmas after we were married.  It sets on top of our entertainment center.


This is our dining room table with handmade placemats made by my Nana. I love these placemats so much!


This is a handprint wreath the boys made for me in 2015.  I love displaying the Christmas crafts from years past.  I know this will be even more of a treasure in the years to come when their hands aren't nearly this small!



On our door leading from the kitchen to the garage, I have a felt "Merry" banner.  It was sent to me as part of a Christmas giveaway a couple years ago.  Christmas boxes got put away with items still inside them, so I need to have Aaron go back up in the attic so I can get down the Hedgehog Nativity set that I won from this same Christmas giveaway.  The shop where the Nativity Set came from, as well as the banner is Hopscotch and Honey.  Check it out!  Everything is so darling!



I hope you've enjoyed this peek into our Christmas decor.  In the future, I'd like to set up little trees in my kiddo's bedrooms, but this year they're just not ready. 

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba


1 comment:

  1. I love your Precious Moments Baby's First Christmas ornaments tradition! Everything looks so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete